100 Peasent Archers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100 Peasent Archers

I read in the army list someone using 2 groups of 100 skirmishing archers and the thought intrigued me. Has anyone else used something like this before? what are your thoughts on it?

100 shots apeice seems pretty cruel against your opponent but it seems that they would be pretty easy to make them flee and over run them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

On the upside... you are absolutely swarming the enemy with fodder. they can't move or shoot past the peasant horde.

The problem is that they are.... well... peasants. low leadership and such things.

What would probably work a lot better is 10 units of 10 giving you more flexibility and less a chance of loosing the entire swarm in a single failed panic/fear/terror/break test.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know playing IG in 40K seems similar,but its so not the same.
    plus once the front squad runs all others behind fall so onless you add a knight or two it seems two risky.
    but maybe it'll work, i've used three or four squads of like20-40 skellies in a TombKing army which works excellent depending on the enemy, but again TK don't run, so sorry. it really is a tough call. For me atleast tell me how it goes.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Problem is, skirmishing bowmen are 0-1, so 2 units of 100 is somewhat... illigal...

One unit of 100 though is a fantastic idea. Bear in mind thay can use the Ld of nearbt Knights (and with unit size 100 your going to be hard pushed not to have some Knights nearby)

Command wise, just take a musician, and Braziers are a must. and only 600pts or so!

Watch them stand, shoot and maim a treeman!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Lol have fun ranking the unit up when they get charged.

Yeah they are 0-1 for skirmishing ones. Could work well, but it could also be a case of all your eggs in one basket. Most things that can take out 10-20 of them could take out 100. All the larger unit will have is +1 for outnumber. You would have to be careful and keep them save from heavy cavalry, which may not be easy with such a large unit. But they would probably shoot and kill the majority of a unit per turn.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Given the limit on skirmishing bowmen the above scheme wouldnt work, i am a firm advocate of having lots of bowmen in a brettonian force though- its not what people expect, and with the stakes option a couple of units of bowmen on either flank can act as an annoyance and narrow the width of the battlefield, allowing the knights to do what they do best, ie charge- used in tandem with flyers and mounted yeomen i can see this kind of tactic paying dividends (in theory anyway!)
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

+ Reply to Thread