Diorama idea, brets most hated foe? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diorama idea, brets most hated foe?

hi guys, im not a collecter of bretonnians myself but i love the idea of we stand and fight no matter what, so im making a diorama featuring them, this is a rough desription of it:

im biuldings the steps of a chapel with a mounted battle standard at the top, (the banner is one im made out of paper and it portrays a tapestry of a bunch of knights charging a unit of somthing (hated enemy here) this battle standard bearer is boxed in by a few more knights, a knight on foot with his slain horse and a few peasants, they r defending the standard from the enem, now heres my question:

in the history of bretonians, what is there most common enemy? what do they seem to have a bad history with? like dawrfs hate orks, HE hate DE etc, any help is appreciated =]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Beastmen would be a good choice, since the woods of Bretonnia swarm with them. They also fight Chaos incursions, skirmish on the border of Athel Loren with the Wood Elves, squabble over territory with the Empire, and deal with the undead within their own borders. Flipping through the book, there is no super-enemy, but those are all decent choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

You could go with Skaven. They are the opposite of everything the Brettonians stand for.

Other than that I reckon Orcs would be a good idea. The Brettonians are constantly trying to clear Orcs from their territory, from what I remember.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Id say go with either beasts or orcs. Probably beasts, they are the most common Bret foe generally i think, in the surrounding areas of Bretonnia.

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I'd say go with anybody, really. Let's face, we haven't exactly had the nemesis (not the campaign) fluff that all other armies have. It's kind of all of them.

You'll probably be safe with Orcs, Beasts of Chaos, Hordes of Chaos, Skaven or Undead. Dark Elves could also work, considering the raids on the coast. You could even go for the Empire or aligned elves if you wanted. We don't have a nemesis (although, for some reason, Bretonnia vs Lizardmen was featured everywhere in 6th ed).

As for your diorama, I'd go for which would be the most epic: Skaven clamoring and clawing their way to the chapel, Orcs surrounding the place, or perhaps the undead slowly marching up to the standard. It's really up to you.

On a final note, it is Orcs, not Orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

As previously stated, there really is no super enemy of Bretts. I personally would go with Orcs purely because they were the major enemy from the time when Bretonnia became a nation under Gilles the Uniter (or whoever). If i remember correctly the majority of the 14 major battles were vs Orcs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah the first major opponent of Brets that springs to my mind would have to be Orcs. In previous editions, as stated, the main box was Lizardmen vs Brets. But I don't really think in the Warhammer world they are all that close to each other now.

Sounds like an interesting piece. I'd love to see pics of it finished.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

a dragon, a big nasty looking chaotic dragon, there is nothing a valiant knight likes fighting more than a dragon!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    a dragon, a big nasty looking chaotic dragon, there is nothing a valiant knight likes fighting more than a dragon!
    Yeah that gets my vote too....a valiant knight, standing over his dying steed or squire, lancing a dragon to death as a chained maiden looks on- classic chivalry!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Orcs and Undead are the more 'historical' enemies of the Bretonnians. Dragons do appeal to that more knightly aspect, but it is a teeny bit clichéd .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast