So I'm starting Bretonnians, and - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm starting Bretonnians, and

well I have 100 in cash, 9 Knights of Bretonnia and 8 Bretonnian bowman. I suppose I should get a Paladin and a Damsel, but where to next? More core units? Maybe a special unit? Any advice would help, thanks.

Currently listening to: Everything your mother disapproves of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would personally reccomend the battalion box to build up a larger core of bretonian knights and peasantry, it very much depends on how you want your list to work though.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Well im guessing you dont want an all mounted list, or Pegasi RAF , etc. Therefore the batallion would be a great place to start, make sure you make a Errant Knight unit, even if its only a small unit (At low points, its better to use MSU, multiple small units, of knights)

Paladin, Damsel, BSB, pretty much your 3 key characters and they should do u to 1K.

Finally, definitely look at getting a unit of 3 Pegasi. Unique to your army, these guys are amazing.
    Last edited by Phoenix; November 29th, 2007 at 12:04.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I would second the batallion box, for the same price as buying them separately you get the equivalent of an extra free unit, which is nice. It might be best for you just to sit down and make a ~2000 point army list, and go from there.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Well im guessing you dont want al Alll mounted list, or Pegasi RAF , etc. Therefore the batallion would be a great place to start, make sure you make a Errant Knight unit, even if its only a small unit (At low points, its better to use MSU, multiple small units, of knights)

Paladin, Damsel, BSB, pretty much your 3 key characters and they should do u to 1K.

Finally, definitely look at getting a unit of 3 Pegasi. Unique to your army, these guys are amazing.
    Yeah the thought of having an army consisting entirely of mounted units sounds pretty lame to me. Besides I like the whole peasant aspect of the army a lot. I'm probably going to be using lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekore View Post
    I would second the batallion box, for the same price as buying them separately you get the equivalent of an extra free unit, which is nice. It might be best for you just to sit down and make a ~2000 point army list, and go from there.

Tekore
    Way ahead of you big guy . Made a 1k list and a 2k list. After I get a decent 1k list going I'm going to paint them and then start on to 2k. I find it easier that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you need a paladin (standard bearer) definately!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnapShot View Post
    well you need a paladin (standard bearer) definately!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
    Ah words of wisdom my friend...HAHA .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I was pretty satisfied with my success on ebay purchasing my knights. The best part of bretonnia is really our models arent going to be THAT different over time. So go back and buy an older set of knights and either make them their own unit or mix them in with the new models for more diversity. If you do piecemeal it, then I would suggest picking up 3ish pegasus knights since its easy enough to prox one as a paladin until your full army is realized. You can never have too many peasants, I'd get some bases and glue "most" of them in a single line, because picking out M@A singles everytime you setup or have casualties is a PAIN! Leave a back row or so free form on each of them and just take away that way.

+ Reply to Thread