A few quick questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

A few quick questions

If I had a unit that caused fear and a KoTR with 2 paladins charged that unit is there any way that the unit would NOT have to do a fear check. I'm also 100% sure he wasn't using knight errants.

Also that same said unit, how many virtues can it have on it? I was told you can keep piling on virtues, but it seems ridiculous. His one unit couldn't be out numbered, gained an extra attack on his lord for every wound done, got +D6" inches to his first charge, +1 combat res as long as general is alive, said he had impetus or something so I couldn't force a fear check(still haven't found what it was). I mean he charged my unit and to me it seemed like he had a way too stacked combo.

I'm an avid fan of army builder but I know he doesn't use it all the time. Army builder I know has its faults, but it says that unit can have 2 magic banners and 2 virtues.

A few other things on that unit. He said it was immune to panic and could roll 3d6 and disguard the lowest.

Last edited by Pinkus; June 1st, 2008 at 00:35.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first the virtues, each paladin can only have 1 each, he had, discipline, knightly temper, impetuous knight and the virtue of duty respectivly. no fear check means he provally thought that the virtue of the impetuous knight gives him the rule impetuous, it does not

for the 3D6 minus the lowest, thats the valourous standard, 50 points, kotr can only take a banner worth 25, if one of the paladins was a BSB, then he can take the banner and a virtue.

so in total he could have 2 virues and the banner, but not 4 virtues also the virtues add up to 120 points, 50 per paladin means its double illegal.

if you opponent is new or just starting brets it could be an honest mistake, but if he is experienced, than he is a cheating bastard

and, yes would need to take a fear test, and not be outnumbered doesnt stop you from auto breaking if you outnumbered him and won the combat

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I think that unit was slightly overpowered if it had all that. Possible mistake so dont be too harsh, but take a look at the guys army book with him.

A Palading Fear immunity would not transfer to the unit, so if they wanted to charge a fear causer then they would have to test, no immunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, i made a mistake, the valourous standard can only be taken by a knight unit, and becasuse of the cost only questing and grails

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah, I'm by no means mad at him. The game was fun and we all had his laughs. especially at his inability to roll panic tests or rally tests.

The more I think about it, on a paladin you can't get the 10ws armor AND the "if you wound you get to attack again" virtue as its 65 points. He might just think virtues are completely seperate things and can be added on at will.

What would make this unit immune to panic checks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Part of the Virtue of the Noble Disdain makes the Pallie and the unit he has joined immune to panic from 25% casualties.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    A Palading Fear immunity would not transfer to the unit, so if they wanted to charge a fear causer then they would have to test, no immunity.
    If his unit fails the fear check and runs he runs with the unit or keeps charging himself? I think he'd panic with the unit, but its best to make sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

If they fail a fear test they wont flee from panic or anything, but will just be unable to charge. See the Psychology section of the rulebook, starts at pg48.

The Paladin wouldn't be able to charge if the unit he is with failed, as he must act with them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

You know I knew that I don't even know why I asked it. I talked to him on the phone and he asked if they both would flee and I just had a brain fart.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread