Ruby Goblet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruby Goblet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruby Goblet

Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on how to use this item. My friend plays Brettonians, and I play Empire. The other day, for the first time, he took the Ruby Goblet. Neither of us could believe how effective it was, so we thought we must be mis-interpreting how it is used.

It seems to indicate that, once it is activated, from then on the character and his unit permanently ignore any To-Wound rolls of 4,5 or 6, regardless of Strength, provided they do not come from a magical source. This logically means that the unit can only be wounded on a natural roll of a 2 or a 3, as a 1 always misses. It also makes the unit immune to any non-magical attack of Str 3 or less. Combined with an Armour Save and the Blessing, this makes any Knight extremely formidable.

Is this how the rest of you play it? Or are my friend and I missing something - like an Errata of some description, perhaps? Because if we are applying it correctly, I imagine none of you ever leave the castle without this item.

Cheers,

Zutta

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

You're kinda reading it backwards im afraid. ''Better than 3+'' means lower than, not greater. So, basically the unit cannot be wounded on a 2. The opponant must roll a 3, 4, 5 or 6 to wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes some sense I suppose. The description is really not clear. So it makes the unit less vulnerable to higher strength weapons?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zutta View Post
    That makes some sense I suppose. The description is really not clear. So it makes the unit less vulnerable to higher strength weapons?
    Yeah pretty much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    You're kinda reading it backwards im afraid. ''Better than 3+'' means lower than, not greater. So, basically the unit cannot be wounded on a 2. The opponant must roll a 3, 4, 5 or 6 to wound.
    i REALLY thank you for this, as we were very confused by this gear in that we all kept thinking that "better" was in fact the numerically superiour 3,4,5, and 6, not the 2.

this makes so much sense now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the classic Ruby Goblet question. Why many people get this item backwards is beyond me.

Still it is good against war machines as they would only have a 66% chance to wound instead of an 83% chance to wound. Of course it must be activated first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i;m glad i found this thread. i'm helping a friend start brettonians (i just finished assembling them for him aside from shields last night) and we were looking to see what we could field... and we had to talk about this one item for 20 minutes. I thought much like zuttra that it was an unbelievable item and my 40k was convinced the brettonians didn't have anything that powerful.
    My Soon2B DoC list below...Wip thread in the works
    http://tiny.cc/DoC2250

+ Reply to Thread