Best and Worst Bret Moments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Best and Worst Bret Moments

The WE boards have a really active post like this, so I thought I'd start one here.

Best moment: Pegasus knights only took one wound from 40 dark elf repeater xbow shots (remember armor piercing). Then these guys charged a unit of 10 shades with great weapons. He revealed an assassin in the unit. I challenged with my unit champ. He rolled poorly for his character's 5-7 attacks, wounding only twice in two turns, and I saved them. I saved against his gw attacks too. Both rounds my guys killed 5 shades. The assassin ran on the second turn and the knights caught him. What a wonderful result. It could easily gone sour for me.

Worsst moments: There have been numerous times where I fail crucial Ld tests and sometimes its more spectacular than others. Unit of yoemen get obiliterated by shooting causing bowmen and the trebuchet crew to run. In 750pt game, my unit of pegasus knights lose a guy to shooting and fail their Ld on turn one. They run off the board causing archers to do the same. There goes ~250 pts from one death.

Looking forward to your posts.

"...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Best: (from an opposing view )
    - Spectating a game, 2 9 man Lances tried to move across the board and past 2 Treemen hidden in a wood. Both failed terror tests and fled the battle. Pegasi did the same..
    - Pegasi (the same ones as above) tried to charge my casket, fail terror, flee the battle...

Worst (from a playing view)
    - See above

Brets can't handle scary things!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Brets can't handle scary things!
    No, they most certainly cannot. They have decent leadership but few ways to improve it or protect from psychology. Ld is the main Bret weakness.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    273 (x3)

Best: KotR get charged by a unit of bull ogres (because I had just failed a fear test), not losing a soul & causing three wounds in return. Ogres bail out, get run down and I over run into another big unit of bulls and blow right through them. Best fear test I ever failed.

Worst: Demon prince w/ terror lands right in the middle of my army on turn two. Every single unit flees off the table. All of em. Single shortest game I ever played. On the plus side, no one on my side got killed!

-J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Tweaker View Post
    Best: KotR get charged by a unit of bull ogres (because I had just failed a fear test), not losing a soul & causing three wounds in return. Ogres bail out, get run down and I over run into another big unit of bulls and blow right through them. Best fear test I ever failed.

Worst: Demon prince w/ terror lands right in the middle of my army on turn two. Every single unit flees off the table. All of em. Single shortest game I ever played. On the plus side, no one on my side got killed!

-J
    Ogres are fun to stomp on.

That's probably the most spectacular loss ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best - Grail Knights get charged by chaos lord, 2 chariots, 5 centigors and 5 chosen knights. Not a single Knight died and all of the enemies units fled of the board exept for the lord who was killed.

Worst - Lord fully tooled up with the works. Flees turn 1 from 5 knights errant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I had the chance to play a large game against two opponents - DE and WoC. I controlled Bretonnians and WE. The game became very one sided in my favor due to unbelievably terrible psychology rolls; less than 15% of their tests were pasted. My balanced contingents dismantled the approaching units with master of stone and dozens of longbows. The stragglers that reached my line faced a terrifying combination of treeman, wardancers, and lance formation triple charge. I thought it was wonderful to play such a fluffy allied force.

__

Fate wouldn't let me savor the victory. I just played a 1500 point game on Friday against Warriors of Chaos. My usual luck was not with me that day. I couldn't make saves or Ld tests at all. My usual playing style is rather defensive which should have helped against an assaulty army, but my shooting flopped and I rolled badly for my spells.

My pegasus knights failed twice times in a row to charge fear-causers then ran off the board when that same unit charged them. A unit of men-at-arms let by a foot knight decided to tackle the threat only to find themselves scared as well.

All in all, both games were fun, and the second one was rather humbling. I'm eager to take on Chaos again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Monday night against a friends Vampire Count army.

Tooled up Lord on a Dragon challenges my Damsel in a unit of Men At Arms, 4 wounds taken, all saved by the Blessing, then the Damsel manages to wound the Vampire Lord and somehow get through all his armour. To top that, the Men at Arms manage to bring down the dragon!

Worst moment was the rest of the game Pretty much all of my stuff then began to run away and I was left with like... 1 M@A unit and some Archers.
    Proud Member of Manchester Area Wargames Society
    http://maws40k.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best:Block of 20 M@A are locked in combat with hydra, lose combat res, need double 1's, pass, following turn KotR's flank hyrda and kill it

Worse:12 man lance of KotR's with BSB charge a block of 35 clanrats, win combat res by 7, clanrats foll double 1's, next turn, another clanrat unit of 30 hit the flank, and in the enemy shooting phase, jazzels and warped lightning cannon hit the knights. . .roasted. . .
    The only ones who have seen an end to a war are the dead

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Today I had a Damsel on foot cast Bear's Anger on herself, and then beat a Lord of Change to death (in all fairness, she was with some Men at Arms, but they never got to attack). She had some Ogre bulls for after dinner snacksies.

In contrast, there's all those neat times that Knights have taken panic checks from spells and run off the table without ever having moved. Vroom!

Tekore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast