Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have me a few questions, I thought I'd ask them here as I haven't recieved any imput on my army list!
1. I need a character or soem way of taking down hydras, preferably a character and excluding grail knights.
2. I am planning on using the ruby goblet on a paladin on foot ina unti of Maa is this a sane idea?
3. Is it always best to have standards and musicians in every unit? including peasants.
Any help much appreciated.
I remember the first time my Treeman was downed by a character with the virtue that lets you get killing blow on large targets. I was flabbergasted. Deflated. Defeated.
Have you tried it?
I can't recall. Do Brets have access to flaming attacks?
3) Peasant banners that are captured by the enemy dont give away victory points, so if you want to take them, there is no real down side Music is usually good too, especially for large units (that win with numbers)
First question: I would give my paly the virtue of the joust [re-rolls to hit with lance, even magical], then equip him with the lance of artois, and give him the grail vow so he has a 5+ ward against those big creatures. With a str 6 on the charge, killing blow ability., [once again only on the charge], and if put on a barded warhorse w/ shield [2+ save] w/ a 5+ ward from str 5 or +. Or you can just give him a mundane lance and give him the virtue of Heroism [grants the paly the Killing Blow, but only a nonmagical weapon]. In lord terms, heck give him any of these things and a magical armor, like a gromril helm [re-roll aror saves], or the my favorite the armor of agilulf [confers WS 10 with a and stick him on a barded warhorse with a shield, 1+ save]. I would prefer a lord of course to take on a hydra, but a paly will also do just fine.
Second question: I would just let my M@A stay near my BSB or a knight unit, peasants, for me, are intended to hold flanks and/or sacrifice to gain the upper hand. But a knight on foot is also good, I tend to use thses foot heroes when it comes to bigger battles and I field alot of peasants [I have 4000 pts of just M@A and Bowmen lol] here they will outnumber my
opponents and I have good Ld to my men.
Third Question:Take the full command, +1 Ld for M@A, and they don't give away VP's
"Kill a man and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone and you are a god!"
To the third question, although it's already been more or less answered - Knights, definitely should take full commands. Your champions are free, any ways. Men-at-Arms (does anybody else think of those old He-Man cartoons when they say that?) should take a full command if they're 20+ models, below that, I'd probably just go with a musician, maybe a standard bearer. Bowmen, a musician is all you'll need... if that.
The problem is that if you had a lord on hippogrypth with killing blow on large targets its spending over 400 points to counter things like hydras which cost just less than 200. I think best thing is either to avoid, send peasants just to get in the way and get attention, use trebuchet either to make them more careful where they place they're larget target or just hope you hit, maybe even just have a paladan with the vitue and pray he rolls a 6. Thats just my opinion though, but still a lord on hippo would certainly have a better chance, its just a lot of points compared with other options.
1. I've never used it but Sword of the Lady's Champion is great for monsters. You could have a hero with it and an enchanted shield. The WyrmLance is also a good choice for things like hyrdas; on the charge you'd go through both its hide and regeneration. The really problem is getting the charge on a fast monster. I've also never used special mounts for characters, but the speed and manueverabiliy would take down a hydra quickly.
My tactic for bringing down hydras is to bombard it with flaming peasant arrows or bring it down with a lance charge.
2. The goblet isn't really worth it IMO. It only saves you from getting wounded on 2's.
3. Grimmtu's advice is sound.
"...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes
1. The lance formation on a Hydra should take it out. I saw dragon princes High elf break a hydra therefore a lance formation should be able to do it. killing blow on large targets at least will make your opponent think about it.
2. My army does not have foot soldiers. I put the goblet with my grail knights. Yes some people say it is not worth it but then again it is a perference choice. Once again your opponent has something else to think about which is always a good thing.
3, My army is all mounted therefore they must have the upgrades. Your champion is free therefore the other two upgrades are expensive but the price is worth it because of the free champion upgrade and you must break units on charges. Banners and musicias are a must to ensure combat res. Banners on peasants do not give your opponent points but since I do not use peasants I can not really say, but cost wise it does not make much sense. I mean your peasants are cheap point wise and why would a bretonnia knight, palidin or lord care if they broke and ran away. I mean they are even using long range weapons which are definitely cowardly.
Best bet is as stated, bog it down, deny it manouvre room or otherwise distract it (trhow a shiny stick, that seems to work on big scary, dumb creatures...)
In teh meanwhile, chew his squishy Dark Elf units to dirt, and force teh Hydra to flee on a relatively low LD of 8 after seeing its friends get trampled under iron-shod hooves...
Join the LO army system! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=910