4 character slots? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member The Grand Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 character slots?

OK guys, I was wondering [and looking for some input] on what you think.
    Question: Do you use 4 heroes or just like 2-3 in most 2000 pts or less games, why and whats more beneficial? [
    I tend to use 4 so I can get some damsels for dispell and all that.

"Kill a man and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone and you are a god!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Damsels are only good for dispel, at 2k I would have a lord, a paladin bsb and 2 damsels if it was a set list to be balanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

At 2k, I have been using a prophetess, damsel, and 2-3 paladins. However, this is somewhat unorthodox since I don't hear of many using a prophetess.

At 1500, I use a damsel and two paladins.

At 1k, I run a BSB and a damsel or two paladins.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

BSB is mandatory to play. So that's 1 down, 4 to go slotwise @ 2k.

For the Lord choice, you have 2 choices, but only 1 practical one, no offense to Prophetess users. I'm a big fan of her and wish she was practical, but in a competitive list, not taking a Bret Lord is a no no, just due to the sheer amount of pain he can both dish out and take. A Prophetess will have huge issues making back her points. 9/10 a Bret Lord will make back about twice his if not more. 1 lord and 1 hero gone, 3 heroes to go.

Next comes 2 Damsels for Magic Defense. Stick them in the 2 lances most likely to get nuked with magic for the extra MR. 1 lord and 3 heroes taken. 1 Hero left.

The last slot is usually saved for another Paladin in say a 2500 point game atleast for lists I design.

2000-2250 I use Bret Lord/BSB/2x Damsel.

2500-2999 Probably Bret Lord/BSB/Paladin/2x Damsel or Bret Lord/BSB/3x Damsel depending on the amount of Scrolls needed...usually 3-4 should be enough though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Spector gives a good assessment of the character selection. My choice in the prophetess is purely to participate in all phases of the game. I'm not after a competitive edge. There are great fighter lord combos.
    "...and thee shall know the Emperor's might when thy enemies fall before thy guns. No crude Orkish blade can pierce thy anointed armor, nor any twisted alien resist the sting of thy sword." ~Major Kaelen Rhodes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoaran View Post
    Spector gives a good assessment of the character selection. My choice in the prophetess is purely to participate in all phases of the game. I'm not after a competitive edge. There are great fighter lord combos.
    Rhoaran I will agree that in a Peasant themed list, I love running a Phrophetess. I'll give her Heavens hope she gets some nuking spells and let her zap away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Every army has their advantages and special rules. The Bretonnias get an extra hero slot therefore they must take advantage of it. Remember that one palidin must take a BSB but it does not cost anything extra. Except for the cost of the banner. There are all kinds of ways to arm your lord but most are up to your own playing style. Mine is a killing machine place in some grail knights. But that is just me and my playing style. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As somebody mentioned earlier, they key to winning with any army is to take the things that make you (the army) unique and turn them to your advantage. For Bretonnians, this means having more characters than the other guy (amongst other things).

We are also helped by having relatively inexpensive characters that don't actually need much additional kit to be effective. Contrast this with VC, for example. I can get two decent paladins for the cost of a single maxed out vampire hero.

So yes, I think that Bretonnians do well to maximise characters, but that does not always mean spending as much as possible on them.

-Silent Requiem
    Since starting Bretonnians: 19 wins, no losses, no draws.

Junior Member The Grand Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

understood, thanks guys for your input
    "Kill a man and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone and you are a god!"

+ Reply to Thread