1k brets for $140 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k brets for $140

Hi this is my first post and I am almost broke and am curious on how I can get a brettonian army for $140 if you can help me out great because I plan on maxing out hq with some guys so ya try to help me if you can thank you.
    ___________________________________________________________________________ _________
    Save a penguin kill a bug save famone and kill 20 people save the world and you will die as well.
    wise words from zucler

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

The batallion is always a good start, you could also convert heroes from the knights and buy some damsels to boost your points.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Your Best bet is probably the battalion set along with another box of knights. That leaves you.....what, 15 bucks? Enough to grab a lord or damsel or some such in a blister I think. Forgive me if I'm way off base here, I'm used to working with Canadian (read:criminal) prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am talking about canadian dollars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Ah, then I'm not really sure what you can do. Even ordering off the US site, with the exchange rate being what it is you might be able to grab the battalion and a box of knights if you're lucky. Personally, I would grab the battalion and just start with that for a while, and then expand as you save a little more cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Cool, some other Canadians out there. @Fuzzy Wumpus, I'm from Kelowna and your from Kamloops...neat. *ahem*

Once I get back to Canada I'm going to be buying my Tau army from this site ChaosOrc's Superstore. Everything is at a nice discount and you end up saving more if you buy your whole army in one pop (because of shipping fees). This is what you would want for your 1k list:

$67.50 Warhammer: Bretonnian Battalion Boxed Set
    $26.25 Warhammer: Bretonnian Knights of Bretonnia Boxed Set
    $5.00 Warhammer: Bretonnian Battle Standard Bits (Loose)
    $6.00 Warhammer: Bretonnian Sorceress on Foot NEW (Loose)

= $104.75 US or $131.66 can. (you can send them an email with the content of your order to find out how much shipping will cost) compared to the GW price = $184 can.

*The only other thing you will need to buy is a Bretonnian rule book, which at the time I checked they did not have but they constantly receive new things to sell so you could keep on checking the site.
    Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwolf View Post
    Cool, some other Canadians out there. @Fuzzy Wumpus, I'm from Kelowna and your from Kamloops...neat. *ahem*

Once I get back to Canada I'm going to be buying my Tau army from this site ChaosOrc's Superstore. Everything is at a nice discount and you end up saving more if you buy your whole army in one pop (because of shipping fees). This is what you would want for your 1k list:

$67.50 Warhammer: Bretonnian Battalion Boxed Set
    $26.25 Warhammer: Bretonnian Knights of Bretonnia Boxed Set
    $5.00 Warhammer: Bretonnian Battle Standard Bits (Loose)
    $6.00 Warhammer: Bretonnian Sorceress on Foot NEW (Loose)

= $104.75 US or $131.66 can. (you can send them an email with the content of your order to find out how much shipping will cost) compared to the GW price = $184 can.

*The only other thing you will need to buy is a Bretonnian rule book, which at the time I checked they did not have but they constantly receive new things to sell so you could keep on checking the site.
    I want some stuff off that site but for international postage:
    "When you order international, you will receive a paypal bill for the difference in the shipping you paid and the actual cost of the shipping. You will need to pay this within 3 days or your order will be cancelled and your money will be refunded, minus a 15% restocking fee".
    No doubt the shipping would be far too expensive then you'd have cancel and pay 15%, scam! Who does there shipping like that really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDogmeat View Post
    I want some stuff off that site but for international postage:
    "When you order international, you will receive a paypal bill for the difference in the shipping you paid and the actual cost of the shipping. You will need to pay this within 3 days or your order will be cancelled and your money will be refunded, minus a 15% restocking fee".
    No doubt the shipping would be far too expensive then you'd have cancel and pay 15%, scam! Who does there shipping like that really.
    Well I had emailed their support and asked what the shipping bill would be for them to send my order to Kelowna, B.C. The things I want total close to $500 and the shipping bill would be around $50. They also charge by the weight and not by the amount it's worth (so not sure if you save money by buying en masse or not). For me I would be saving over $150 and that's including the shipping fee. I guess you just have to remember to pay your shipping bill on time
    Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

+ Reply to Thread