Grail Reliquae; How wide etc to get ranks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Grail Reliquae; How wide etc to get ranks?

I'm going to be using a the Grail Reliquae but I'm not sure how many models wide and deep it would be to get ranks etc?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well according to the new faq larger models in units substitute for the same amount of ordinary sized models...so the relique is to models wide by 3 models deep. So three battle pilgrims on either side of the relique sounds reasonable to make a rank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

question

Is this a unit that is worth using? I have been giving it some thought as it is such a unigue one. Have you used it and what were the results?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDogmeat View Post
    I'm going to be using a the Grail Reliquae but I'm not sure how many models wide and deep it would be to get ranks etc?
    Hey, I'm not so sure anymore...reading back over the FAQ it only specifies the ruling for characters with a larger base size...one could only hope that it could be applied to other models as well though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

I guess people have just applied common sense when using it, sinse its unit strength 6 and has about 6 models on it.

I'm gonna give it a try and run it six wide anyway, I need a unit that can hold up for at least a turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to use the Reliquae is with the Reliquae and 3 other pilgrims per rank (in other words, five wide).

The reason for five wide is that it gives you the most scoring ranks for your investment. Six wide should be avoided, as the exta pilgrim (with 1 attack at ws 2) is unlikely to result in an extra kill. However, against some of the game's heavy hitters (cavalry, chaos warriors) the extra pilgrim may allow an additional enemy warrior to attack, resulting in an unnecessary casualty. The unit is also more difficult to maneuver and obviously increases your investment per rank.. In almost all cases five wide is the better option.

-Silent Requiem
    Since starting Bretonnians: 19 wins, no losses, no draws.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Requiem View Post
    The best way to use the Reliquae is with the Reliquae and 3 other pilgrims per rank (in other words, five wide).

The reason for five wide is that it gives you the most scoring ranks for your investment. Six wide should be avoided, as the exta pilgrim (with 1 attack at ws 2) is unlikely to result in an extra kill. However, against some of the game's heavy hitters (cavalry, chaos warriors) the extra pilgrim may allow an additional enemy warrior to attack, resulting in an unnecessary casualty. The unit is also more difficult to maneuver and obviously increases your investment per rank.. In almost all cases five wide is the better option.

-Silent Requiem
    Good point, the main problem for me is that it doesn't look symmetrical, I'll have to see if I can manage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

i thought the new faq said that a different size base in a unit = the nuber of bases it displaces. How many does it displace again, in a horizontal sense? because if its 2 models, then you would need three more pilgrims per rank.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

+ Reply to Thread