Is anyone having any luck against the new and improved books? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone having any luck against the new and improved books?

Hey guys.

Just putting it out there as Im curious to see if anyone is doing ok at the 2250 pt level against the newer army books?

i dont mean if someone has won a game. I mean if someone is winning consistantly against the likes of VC, DE, deamons, WoC and lizards?

If anyone can answer yes, what is your list like

also. does anyone know when bretonia is getting their new book?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you knew what I know, then we would both know what we know and if we both knew what we know.... well F*$% knows."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Regularly beaten by DOC, VC.
    Struggle a lot against WOC.

DE and Lizardmen I'm going to be playing with sometime soon so I will know soon.

I play very balanced 'nice' lists that I find fun to play. Unfortunately these don't cut it with the 7th Ed. books I've found. If I take an all cavalry list I do a lot better.

Last I heard Bretonnia is in line for a 2011 release or even not at all but being first in line for WHFB 8th Edition lol

No confirmed reports though that I have encountered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

*Mind controls thread into walking into the Bretonnians forum*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

I've done well against Vampire counts, but I do play vampire counts myself so I knew exactly what to do. I havn't done so well against Lizardmen but thats because I completely underestimated the new spearmen and also some of my charges were out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive played DE a few times with the brets, mostly ended up as draws. ASF BG + Cauldron is freaking hard to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ethsar46 View Post
    Ive played DE a few times with the brets, mostly ended up as draws. ASF BG + Cauldron is freaking hard to beat.
    Yeah actually I've played DE a lot, though they have all been very good players and I've had mostly draws, with 2 losses and a single win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. We all seem to be in the same boat. I hope GingerNinja can come up with something to save our hides
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you knew what I know, then we would both know what we know and if we both knew what we know.... well F*$% knows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

My record against the new lizards is 2-0. I take just a basic cav list, just archers as far as peasents are concerned. Some Pegasus knights. Super expensive lord, etc.

I beat vamps regularly too, but thats just because the guy I play is not-so-good.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

I made a mess of a sarus list...

but then my friend introduced me to his skinks...

yeti have yet to loose against high elves sqishy toughness 3 opponents are always a nice change no matter when they strike!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my gamestore owners play Brets, and he actually does really well against everything but VC. The new VC guy cheeses out his lists as much as possible and hasn't really lost with them yet; the worst I think he got was a draw, so I don't think he should count.

Anyways, there are no demon players, the DE players build fluffy lists that can't compete with the Bret saves without a lot of luck, and the HE players are always complaining about his high armor as well. I would comment on lizardmen players, but we all dropped our armies when the new book came out; it was kinda boring. Before the change though, it was about fifty-fifty. Finally, WoC have been doing well with deathstar lists. Otherwise, the Bret player dominates the movement phase. I think his success against them will go down as the WoC players either become more experienced with movement or gravitate towards deathstar lists.

Edit: Technically, Empire are a newer book, so I thought I'd include them. Our local Empire guy doesn't use the war alter or steam tanks, but he has dominated the brets so far. Probably due to unbreakable troops, detachment counter charges (if he gets them at all), and those crossbows/handgunners.
    Last edited by Zeuy; May 28th, 2009 at 01:53. Reason: Empire

+ Reply to Thread