What magic items are essential to brets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

What magic items are essential to brets

If there's one thing I always get stumped on while making a list, It's trying to find the right magic items. There's always so many choices and so many different rules to read that I just get scrambled up. So I want to ask you guys before I start using a small bretonian (1000 pt) army again, I want to know which magic items are essential for your heroes such as paladins and damsels. PS: I was inspired to start playing bretonians again after learning more about medieval, feudal warfare! It's actually pretty neat! However the fact that so much knowledge was lost in the Middle Ages is incredible. I'm still working on getting all of my tomb kings models, and my dwarf models so I'm just going to stick with the models I have: The battalion, 1 mounted damsel, 1 damsel on foot, 1 paladin w/ banner, 1 paladin,
    3 pegasus knights and another box of plastic knights. So I will probably keep a 1000-1500 point brets force to use every once in a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

I am very interested to see people post replies as well AltheAlchemist. I never buy magic items for my Bretonnians, except for 2 dispel scrolls on my Damsel. While the scrolls are a very good buy, they probably aren't enough... I'm going to study my book and -make- myself buy 3 small magic items for next time. I hope someone will post a list of the good ones here too

Frankie

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

virtue of impetuous knight...

exspencive I know but it gets you the drop on a canny opponent that exstra D6 to your charge is often the difference between charging and being charged by a charriot.

anouther good one is the vitue of confidence cheap for what it does and with the gauntlet of deul can be devastateing on a lord with some other choice items (a lance and gromrill great helm)

on a damsel the chalice of mouflur (I spelt it wrong) is a must have an exsta dispell die every turn? steal...
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thi is how I see it...

VIRTUES:

Virtue of Heroism - Big gamble and very specific but so much fun whe nyou can pull it off.

Virtue of Duty - Very solid choice for a BSB.

Virtue of Confidence - A must have for a duelling Lord.

COMMON MAGIC ITEMS:

Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Dispel Scrolls, Warbanner - best value items available

MAGIC WEAPONS:

Birth Sword of Carcassonne - high strength for prolonged combats, good against armoured enemies

MAGIC ARMOUR:

Gromril Great Helm - perfect for a BSB

Armour of Agilulf - max out WS for cheap - great for duelling Lord

TALISMANS:

Mantel of Damel Elena - very cheap item to protect your important characters

ENCHANTED ITEMS:

Holy Icon - underused I think. Quite expensive but for what it does can be invaluable protecting an important unit like GK.

Gauntlet of the Duel - for you know what.

ARCANE ITEMS:

Silver Mirror - Used quite effectively in the past. Again quite expensive but when a mage has one wound left you can use it to finish them off.

Chalice of Malfleur - terrific item. Always worth the points.

MAGIC BANNERS:

Banner of the Lady - Fun to use. A shock for your opponents but best reserved for large point games.

Errantry Banner - Must have for a unit of Errant Knights.

Hope that's helpful. All just my opinion of course and I welcome any debate!

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Wow, that's quite a list! I think I'll try and keep that list on my computer! I'll try and mix and match these items to find a good combination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

the only one i can think of is the morning star of fracasse. a very solid choice when taken with the virtue of confidence. plus 2 s on the first round regardless of whether or not you charge and the ability to eat someone else's magic weapon. Hee hee, no ghal maraz for you, Karl Franz...
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

what do you guys think of the banner of the Lady (no rank bonuses for the enemy) on a bsb. I know it's expensive, but it seems like a real back-breaker against most armies. You could combine it with a virtue to help the combat resolution or something to make your BSB a little more protected. Or is it too cheesy? i was thinking of trying it in a MSU style army with at least 6 units of knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    what do you guys think of the banner of the Lady (no rank bonuses for the enemy) on a bsb. I know it's expensive, but it seems like a real back-breaker against most armies. You could combine it with a virtue to help the combat resolution or something to make your BSB a little more protected. Or is it too cheesy? i was thinking of trying it in a MSU style army with at least 6 units of knights.
    I don't think at 100pts it can be called cheesy. I'd certainly only use it above 2000pts though...it's too many points on one guy...which provents you from giving him any magic armour which is the clincher I think.
    But yeah charging a bix block of infantry and wiping off the +3 combat res for ranks is pretty epic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    Its good, but expensive and for that reason, questionable. I recomend virtue of duty with it.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

well, normally, I don't like to use items that seem to win by themselves. The Banner of the Lady leaves your bsb very unprotected, and has a very hefty price tag on it so I think it falls in a grey area for me personally. Yeah, I'd only use it in 2250pt games, but that's all I play. Even with 6 units of knights and 2 units of fast cav, I'm having a hard time seeing myself winning combat without something else. I'm going to try it out, it's not a must have item, but I'd like to try it before I switch to a more conventional bsb.

What do you guys think about the Questing Locket or whatever it's called. It gives your questing knight a 3+ward when he's got one wound left, which would be decent on a bsb (better chance of keeping half points and taking challenges if needed)

I'm debating the utility of questing vs errant vs KoTR. Basically, I need to get some games under my belt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast