how to counter stagadons and engies of the gods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to counter stagadons and engies of the gods

i do not know about you guys but with the new lizard men rules i have been encountering many stegadons and engines of the gods and i have no idea how to counter them. i know this topic probably already exists but i would still like to hear your opinions. i am still new to forums and brets

hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fifth edition, the winning ticket was to have peasants or mounted squires essentially be sacrificed and take on the beast, with a strong unit of Knights ready to move in as soon as they have slowed it up. You have to charge and you have to have good enough combat that you can win the combat and see him fail his break test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice i also realize thet i spelled engine wrong in the title

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend plays Brets, and when the new LM book came out he was scared of the Engine too. However, once he found out about the engine going away with the skink priest, he sighed with relief. All he does is charge that bad boy and aim EVERYTHING at the priest on top. Granted, it may not always be so easy to charge a stegadon, thanks to the rest of the LM army. Also, the stubborn is an issue, so I'd suggest throwing away one unit of knights to kill the priest and expect them to slowly be ground down. I always prefer to expect the worse.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Land a trebuchet ontop of the model and you've got a decent chance to kill 1 steg, 1 priest, 1 crew member all in one shot. Remember str10 and D6 wounds goes a long way.

Our peasants do alright shooting at large targets as well. If you pepper one enough it will go down or become more manageable.

We have a way to get killing blow on large targets. Take this on your bret lord or hero.

Knights Errant have a banner that lets them hit/wound on 4's and they don't have to worry about psych while charging (loaded KE unit is cheap even with the errantry banner and gets loads of attacks on the charge)

There's a few other tricks but I can't think of them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread