Pegasus Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pegasus Army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pegasus Army?

Hi, I would just like to know if anyone have tried to make an army consisting of a royal pegasus mounted lord, and a lot of pegasus knights?
    And if you have how did it work out? because I would really like to make an army like that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I have never done it but it has been done and is a very powerful army. Its streangths are obvious, but there are a few problems however...

first, because of the large base size, you can only get like 4 knights into combat. because they skirmish, any more knights in the squad do not provide ranks and are therefore a waste of points.

second, you can only take 3/4 (depending on points cost) units of them because they are specials.

third, your lord on royal pegasus cannot join the units of pegusus knights because they are "units of flyers"

and last but not least, despite all the disadvantages above, the pegasus army (also called the RAF) is generally considered cheese by the gaming community.

hope this helps.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. Didnt know an army like that was consideret to be cheese, I will have to read up upon this RAF thing.
    What I was thinking was not necessarily to mass spam the pegasus knights, but I was thinking was making a "council" of heroes on pegasuses, something like this:

Lord, grail vow, shield, pegasus, lance of artois, virtue of the impetuous knight.
    bsbs, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of knigtly temper.
    paladin, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of joust, cuirass of fortune.
    paladin, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of the impetuous knight.

This is probably not very original either but...
    The unit have a charge range of 20' + 2d6, and with the grail vow none of them need to pray so there is a good chance the unit will charge on the very first turn (or end up as sitting ducks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wack-tapaz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Didnt know an army like that was consideret to be cheese, I will have to read up upon this RAF thing.
    What I was thinking was not necessarily to mass spam the pegasus knights, but I was thinking was making a "council" of heroes on pegasuses, something like this:

Lord, grail vow, shield, pegasus, lance of artois, virtue of the impetuous knight.
    bsbs, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of knigtly temper.
    paladin, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of joust, cuirass of fortune.
    paladin, grail vow, shield, lance, pegasus, virtue of the impetuous knight.

This is probably not very original either but...
    The unit have a charge range of 20' + 2d6, and with the grail vow none of them need to pray so there is a good chance the unit will charge on the very first turn (or end up as sitting ducks)
    First off you can't take any mundane equipment for BSBs so if you want the bsb to have a lance you have to give him a magic one, also this won't work because all of the characters are on a royal pegasus which is a multi wound mount and can't join a unit of pegasus kinghts, another problem i see is that the pegasus' are weak and can be killed leaving you with a knight on foot w/o a unit to go with. It also makes it so that your BSB can't help a unit directly with the +1 combat res unless he charges the same unit in which case he will be able to be hit by ~3 enemy model which depending on the unit could be very bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah you are right about the bsb i forgot. i know that they cant join a unit of peg. knights, but cant the four characters not join each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

No. Multiple characters cannot 'join up' to create a 'character' unit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime View Post
    No. Multiple characters cannot 'join up' to create a 'character' unit.
    Yes, although sometimes it may look like one.

I remember once in 5th Edition a Guy had a unit of 5 Savage Orc Boar Boys led by a Champion, and then was joined by the Savage Orc WarLord, Savage Orc BattleStandard Bearer, and Savage Orc Shaman Champion, resulting in 4 characters and 4 regular troopers in the same unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My freind runs his lace formation with his lord, bsb and 2 heros all in one unit... its really a pain sometimes unless the whole unit runs away... or the one time i gatewayed
    Lizardmen: 9/3/1
    Death Gaurd: 6/6/2
    Warriors of Chaos 3/1/1

+ Reply to Thread