PK Armour Saves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PK Armour Saves

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

PK Armour Saves

Here was something brought up that I was sure I knew the answer to until I had to prove it...

I had always played and had seen it referenced in other forums that Pegasus Knights had AS 2+, but someone said PK's do not have barding.

Clearly the model shows barding, but that was not sufficient and nowhere in the Bret Rulebook could I find this.

So, what is the verdict? AS 2+ or 3+?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, but the other person was right, pegasi dont have barding, so they only wind up with a 3+ save.
    Lizardmen: 9/3/1
    Death Gaurd: 6/6/2
    Warriors of Chaos 3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add on question!!

Hey all!! Couple more questions for the PK's.

1) GW website has it mentioned as a 4+ sv. so everyone I play makes me use that 4+. Heres a breakdown. Mounted +1, Hvy Armour +2, Shield +1. Therefore I say 3+ also but...
    2) GW also states that PK's have a 360 degree site. Is this right?

Id love the 3+ and 360. Be amazing!!!
    Last edited by HAB_Incognito; November 25th, 2009 at 03:21.
    Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Well, the 3+ is understandable, but I cannot believe GW says 4+, since they are fully armored mounted Knights w/ shield, afterall - just no barding on the mounts, I suppose.

But, ALWAYs 360 degree LOS! That is because they follow these rules as like skirmishers. And, they can fly over other troops and terrain, which is awesome. They can only charge the facing front, side, etc of the enemy - they can't fly over the back and get a rear charge, unless they stop and do it next turn (which is great!)

I hear the next Bretonnian book in the next year or so is going to nerf the PKs - too many people cry that they are too powerful. I hope they just limit the all RAF loophole if taking a lord on royal peg and leave their stats and points alone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Durability: Pegasus Knights have a 4+ armour save, and their Vow as protection, but they also have another advantage - each has 2 Wounds, which really makes them great value.

Bretonnian Tactics: Page 4 | Bretonnia Articles | Armies of Warhammer Articles | Games Workshop

That is where it is stated on the GW site. Under Bretonnian Tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st off - ask your buddy what the rules under PK state - then go through your logic - its obvious. They have a 3+ save and someone at GW is a moron.

I'll give you another example of GW being morons and not knowing their army books.
    Just go look at the Hellcannon under their rare choices link on their site ( Hellcannon of Chaos | Games Workshop ). It cleary shows the Hellcannon as having a Toughness of 7. Now go look at the army book. Umm... are we going to go with some moron internet page creator or the actually army book.

Example #2 - Go read the recent White Dwarf article as to which artillery piece in Fantasy is the best. They claim that the Hellcannon is again due to it having a 5+ ward save from being a demon. Go read the army book - they have no Ward Save.

In both of my examples they are really discussing rules that came out of the storm of chaos book - not the army book as it is now.

The army books make the rules - along with the erratas - not some moron typing on their website. Army book clearly shows T6 - not T7.

To be even more specific to asnwer your question and use the RULE BOOK to back your logic:
    Under PKs in the Bret Book:
    Heavy Armour and Shield
    Look under their rules - Flying Calv. Now go look under the main 7th Edition rule book about flying calv. (page 69 if you have the small rule book that comes with Skull Pass). It clearly states that they are unit strength 2 as well as due to being mounted they get a +1 to their armour save as per normal calvary models.

Thus:
    Heavy Armour(5+) + Shield (+1) + Flying Calv/Mounted (+1) = 3+ Armour Save!!!!!!
    Just read them the rules and there is no question that they have 3+ and that the moron on the website was wrong.

If they force you to play with only a 4+ armour save then tell them their Lord only has T1. Just because you want them too. Its using the same poor logic - read the rules - play by them. If they continue to force you to play by the non-book rule of a 4+ - just don't play with them or better yet - take your rolls and if you pass them on your 3+ you pass - they will hold up the game without any logical backing and you don't ever remove your model. Your right and they have no way to back their arguement with rules as I've just armed you with pages and the headings to look under to show that you are correct.

As to your 2nd question about 360 line of site. YES! Again - under the heading flying calv. as well as units of flyers (which is just before flying calv) in your rule book you will find that they state they move as skirmishers. If you want more confirmation about them being skirmishers other than the RULE BOOK, then look at the Bret FAQ which states that PK cannot form up into a lance formation as they are skirmishers and never form up into real ranks per say.

Your Right - Good luck explaining it to the guys you play with.

Edit:Also as a side note - don't get excited and think because they are skirmishers they are a -1 to hit when shooting. Only unit strength 1 models/skirmishers get that bonus - mounted does not. (thats discussed in the "to hit modifiers" on page 28 of the rule book) Figured I'd just preemptively put that up here.
    Last edited by Boskie43; November 26th, 2009 at 06:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:)

You da man!!! Thanks!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

just to back Boskie43

articles at GW site are not official ruling, neither are the white dwarf or citadel manuals, they dont overwrite the rulebook or armybook, thats what they use errata for.

When you would read those articles youd have to keep in mind those are written usually with haste and have plenty of mistakes in them.

Go to the online store and compare the given stats with armybooks, youl find plenty of little mistakes. no biggy ofcourse, accidents happen
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what GW is saying is that Naurally the PK's have a 4+ save because its a heavy armor knight on a mount 5+ +1 for mount = 4+ I don't thnk they are counting the shield cause ya gotta pay points for it. Then it goes down to 3+,
    "We are Retribution Personified!"
    ~Thomas Resinus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off Insane Bear - Don't bring up posts that are this old - especially when:
    1. The posts have answered the question asked.
    2. The post have answered the question CORRECTLY based upon the orignal question.
    3. Read ALL Posts before you reply.
    4. He was talking about the UNIT not a character and the UNIT comes with the shield.

So at the end of this - DON'T TAKE GW articles as the written rules because they are not. GO READ YOUR RULE BOOKS - both the BRET book and the main RULES. PKs have a 3+ armor save no question about it as the UNIT COMES WITH SHIELDS. You don't need to pay anything for it. Yes the character you do - the unit no.

Please do not give advice on this forum unless you can back up your statements with pages to prove your arguement. Even more so - please don't give the wrong advice. I've seen this all to often on this forum and I hate it when bad advice is given - I HATE IT MORE when the advice given comes from not reading the previous posts and is wrong - just plain wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast