Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi, I am just interested, could someone give me a rundown on the green knights special rules and if he is worth using, as the only book i dont currently have available is brettonians, ty
Well I don't have the army book in front of me but here's what I remember:
- counts as a lord choice (cannot be the general)
- causes terror
- steed doesn't lose 1M for barding (I guess he's a ghost too)
- dolores blade - each round of close combat he can choose to add +2 to Strength or add D6 attacks (at base strength 4).
- he loses a wound for each CR point he loses combat by (actually this is the most reliable way to beat the green knight)
- he does not deploy at the start of the game, but during each turn you roll and on a 4+ (maybe 3+?) he will appear within a difficult terrain piece of your choice (traditionally a forest although it doesn't have to be)
- if he is slain he can be summoned again the next turn at -1 to the come-out roll each time he is slain. He only counts for victory points if he has been slain by the enemy and is not on the table at the end (does not count for VP if he is never summoned or revives).
IMHO he is the only special character that can be field from the bretonnian choices because he is a reasonable 275 points. I've used him before with great success as a support character (i.e. flank charges) against a number of different armies. He does not work well on his own because of a general lack of combat res ability. Against low leadership armies like goblins he can be very effective because of the terror and he can usually inflict enough wounds to overmatch a standard 5CR. The problem is that unless you are playing a 3K game he is your only lord choice which severely limits the effectiveness of your other characters due to magic item restrictions.
The starting come out roll is a 3+
He is also immune to pschology.
And as a futher bonus he can teleport to any piece of terrian if he starts the remaining moves phase in a piece of terrain.
And to make things even better he can only be harmed by magic weapons.
this and all the things Knight Errant stated is the reason the gw named him their third favorite character.
Hope it helps, good luck!
much appreciated rep for the both of you.