New Army Book? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Army Book?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Army Book?

I have been thinking about starting a Bretonnian army, and I was wondering if there were any plans for a new book anytime soon. I don't want to get hosed again (I started Lizardmen, and then a month later, they got a new book, rendering my new army obsolete).

"Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O&G, Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, and the 8th Edition Rulebook are all slated for release sometime in the not too distant future, leaving Brettonians pretty well near the bottom of the heap. I think you should be fine for a few years yet, and besides Brettonians are still pretty competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O&G have had their new armybook already why are they being re-updated so soon !?!?!

and what about woodelves ??? bretonians do need an update..even tho competitive..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Because O&G aren't competitive at all, where as bretonnians are. Not to mention the number of O&G players compared to the number of brets is like.... 2734987324 to 1.
    2010 WoC Cav W/L/D - 7/3/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood Elves and Brettonians are last in line to be updated, but expect them to get the royal treatment. This is because as previously stated Brettonians have a small fanbase and are still relatively competitive. While Wood Elves, if played properly, are still a very competitive army, so much so that at the closest GW store to my house the guy who wins most of the tournaments plays Woodies (as do I, but I never place better than third with them).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what lizardmen did you get stuck with that are not usable anymore? did you have and army of chameleon skinks? because nothing else was dropped.

ive been playing lizards for over 10 years, not much has changed, the biggest was when they went from skink riders to suarus riders, all the old models still work for the updated ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much that I can't use the Lizzies, it's that I was not enjoying playing them as much as my Woodies, and I really want to start a Brets army. However, since I don't use my Lizzies, I thought they would be good to sell. I can get a decent amount of money, and that is certainly needed right now.
    Oh, and thanks for the feedback on the book issue you guys. I really appreciate it.
    "Our philosophy is beat it until it stops moving."
    "And then shoot it."
    "And then step on its nads!"-The Gamers 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings are probably going to get the next army book, they need it the most, they have serious balance issues.

Personally, I think Bretonnians need an update in the worst way, having only 3 characters and a fairly small unit list, but since the rules for Brets aren't really broken, making the army more 'fun' is not a priority.

I'd also say Wood Elves need a new book. Every wood elf player I know is absolutely traumatized by the new rules involving terrain (like forests). I'm not sure how anybody is winning tournies with them, I've only seen them get demolished lately :/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

from what ive seen tomb kings is indeed allready ready for production. The Orcs& Goblins are most likely set for February, which is 5 months from now. If theres one before that i would say its TK, but i think it will be after february 2011, not holding my breath for new brets, but i like their rules, the army book can finally be used to its full capacity, with both infantry and cavalry as main setting.

The wood elves army was dropped by all local players i know when 8th came in, so i havent seen them being played AT ALL xD
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ways I see it, Woodelves got a new book at 7th Ed, and Bretonnians I think were redone early 6th ed with the main focus on the change of the V formation to the lance formation.

Bretonnians don't really have a lot going for them, they're a fairly stock army that lacks the complexity of say... green skins or undead armies.

It's heavy cav, heavy infantry and archers. That's pretty much it.

So that book's gonna be good for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast