Silver Lance-Cuirass of Fortune Combo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Silver Lance-Cuirass of Fortune Combo

This is not normally mentioned in some of the discussions of kitting out your Lord, but:
    Silver Lance of the Blessed + Cuirass of Fortune

All 4 attacks hit automatically as long as you have the Lady's blessing. All wound rolls of a 1 can be re-rolled.

Although you would not get the +2 strength in subsequent combat rounds, wouldn't the Lord have to continue to use the lance in cc. since it is a magic weapon over his normal sword? That looks to be a great thing. The only downside is you are only hitting at strength 4

And how about adding Talisman of Protection to boost the Ward save to round out to the even 100 pts?

Does anyone else have any thoughts as to why this is not one of the greatest combos?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

This combo, with vitrue of discipline was common in lots of tournament pegasus armies.
    Its a solid combo. Im not sure if talisman of protection would stack the blessing, if it does, then it's brilliant.

I think in 8th edition people have been rightly distracted by virtue of heroism, which you unfortunately cant combine with the silver lance.
    My current preferred combo is virtue of heroism and sword of bloodshed. Makes a really versatile lord who can take on anything. A variation on this build is virtue of heroism, heartwood lance, armour of agilulf. Which is possibly better, but haven't had enough time to test them yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I saw the FAQ where VoH changed the killing blow from only large targets, but isn't the magic weapon use still not allowed? Otherwise, that would be great. I also do like the Armour of Agilulf...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Yes a magic weapon can be taken with the virtue of heroism. Andre mentions the Silver lance because it would take you over the 100 points limit.
    the FAQ you found has replaced the magic item's description and so removed the old 'cannot take magic weapons' rule
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

Ah, that is right about the point limit - I did not add those two... it seems a couple of good combos.

Any other favorites out there??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtue of Heroism is definitely the hot commodity right now, and rightly so. I like to take it with the Sword of Swift Slaying so I know I am hitting first, since our Lord's (I) score is otherwise only average. I then tend to go a bit defensive and add in the Gromril Great Helm and Enchanted Shield. So the lord is looking at a 1+ base armor save, and can re-roll failed saves. I just like knowing my Lord can (hopefully) stand up to that Str 7 Chaos Lord for more than one round if necessary.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Hi there Tsrudm,

your character has 2 magic armours, only one of each type magic item may be brought. at best he would have 2+ which, against the S7 chaos lord, is a re-rollable 6+ save

I do think a survivable hero is a good option, just hate it that theyre S4 to start with.
    Welcome to LO can allways use bretts around here
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome...not sure what I was thinking when I was typing that, because you are right, you cannot have both.

But the armor save was correct. A lord with mundane shield and GGH has a 1+ armor save. So even against a S7 attack you have a 5+ rerollable AS and a 5+ ward. Not a bad chance of surviving there.

GGH also helps you reroll that occassional failed 2+ armor save against bows or slings or something dumb that seems to kill off my lords more than I care to admit!

+ Reply to Thread