An Army of Knights? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

An Army of Knights?

I've only just recently started to learn WFB and my army of choice was Bret's, mainly because I can't resist the thought of an army of knights charging towards the enemy.

Baring in mind that I know nothing about the system, how effective/ doable would a Bret army of knights? (I'm talking no spell casters, no men at arms, no bowmen, just pure knights).

If so, what kind of knights should I invest points in?

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements

Texas, USA
    12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

All knights are good! Specifically speaking, read the book or other threads to see the differences between the knightly units. You will find some units better suited for different purposes, i.e. Knight Errants for the ItP charge, Realm knights for general purpose, Questing for hard hitting can openers. Grail for overall greatness, Pegasus Ks for mobility, etc.

Also, REALLY consider some damsels to bunker in your knight units, if only for the magic resistance and defensive capability. Without them you will be wide open to getting destroyed by a strong enemy caster and nothing to dispel their magic - it's OK, they can still ride barded mounts!

You will find after a few games that you might need something the peasants can provide - arrow support, etc. But, there is nothing stopping you from an all knight army and they can perform very well, but it really depends on your typical opponents and your play style - Have fun!!

+ Reply to Thread