Question About Lord On Pegasus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I was wondering if I put a Lord on a Royal Pegasus, can I then put him in a unit of Pegasus Knights? If I can, that would be awesome protection and one hard hitting unit of Peggy Knights!

Thanx,
    Cory

-My Warrior Priest will challenge your Chaos Lord
    -OK, my Chaos lord will slaughter you
    -My warrior priest with Van Hortsmen's Speculum will take his 7 Str 8 attacks. You die.
    -......What?
    -Take your model off the table, he's dead

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, no character can ever join a unit of flyers, never ever. The same issue was discussed in the rules forum but I can't find the thread.

You can, however, place a character on a royal pegasus within 6" of a unit og peg knights numbering 5 or more models, and benefit from the proximity to friendly troops rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

nope you sure cant ! Doesnt every bret player whish they could though ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really annoying.... yet i dont see why a units of peg knights has 360 line of sight when an individual riding a royal peg has a limited 90 degree line of sight.

I think since they have created the flying cavalry rule they should be able to add hero riding a like creature to the unit. Or would that make the iunit way too powerful?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Insanity
    Really annoying.... yet i dont see why a units of peg knights has 360 line of sight when an individual riding a royal peg has a limited 90 degree line of sight.

I think since they have created the flying cavalry rule they should be able to add hero riding a like creature to the unit. Or would that make the iunit way too powerful?
    Well, the fact that a single character mounted on a horse only has a 90 degree LOS is pretty lame too.

I know why they limited it though... They didn't want characters on dragons and other large monsters to be able to charge 360. That would be WAY too powerful. At least currently you have a chance to get away from them.

As far as the ability for pegasus-mounted characters to join units of fliers, I think it would be nice if they had thought of the "mounted cavalry" special rule from the get go. I can understand not wanting characters on dragons to join units of harpies, but it makes sense that characters mounted on Warhawks, Pegasi or Terradons to use the "mounted cavalry" rules, and allow them to join units who also benefit from this rule.

Apparently their doing another write-up of the WHFB rules, so maybe they'll fix it.

To be honest, it doesn't matter a whole lot because you can always just keep your characters NEAR your unit and charge them at the same enemy.

+ Reply to Thread