Brets? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brets?

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brets?

Hey im sure you've had loads o posts about this but now we've had over half a year to play and have trial games with the brets, but what are good unit? sizes? what would you run in 1000pts?

I almost always play 1000pts, i really wanted brets then came 8th ed with 'nurfed' knights. Are these guys super bad ass'd like before or are they the dud army with tomb kings at the moment?

I love the uniqness of the army, as you can have 100's of colour schemes to paint in a army all knights looking different.

Now with the 25% regulations on heros and lords we cant get 'Meteors of destruction/ one man armies', so what would you get in 1000pts for heros and lords?

cheers guys, the drinks are on the house

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I haven't had many battles in yet with bretonnia in 8th. Perhaps there are other more experienced somewhere asleep. The two main strategies i have heard of that work are the full cavalry with lare lances, and the mixed list, with 2 trebs some infantry blocks and a few lances.

2 lance formations are a must it seems. 2 trebuchets are extremely powerfull and a prohpetess lvl 4 is not only our only good magic defence, the lores are very good for our kind of playstyle
    life prophetess is good for both lists
    heavens only effective for the mixed list,
    Beasts goes well for damsels in either list

in 1k points i'd probably go for the prophetess over the lord with heroic killing blow. (and i will next week)
    the BSB can allways function as the leadership buffer if you just give him some barded horse, standard of dscipline and virtue of empathy. same effect as a general for your peasants.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a 1,000 point force, my Bret. Army book states that you can have 0 Lords and up to 4 Hero's. So for 1,000 pts you can not have a lord or a Prophetess. So you can really only choose either a Hero or a Level 2 Damsel to lead your army. Is this correct because these are the rules I am following?

Here is my 1,000 point force:

- Level 2 Damsel - General (otherwise you will have no magic)
    - Paladin - Battle Standard
    That's already almost 25% of my points gone so I can't afford any more hero's.

These 2 characters join a unit of
    - 7 Knights of the Realm, giving me a lance of 9.
    - 6 Knights Errant
    - 20 Men at Arms
    - 12 Bowmen Skirmishers
    - 5 Mounted Yeomen
    - Field Trebuchet

There's not a lot you can do with 1,000 points, but if you have a large troop selection I'm sure you can come up with many army variations.

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look at the FAQ! The FAQ overrules the codex. I know for a fact they have scraped the system you use(up to 0-4 heros in 1000pts), so you now have 25% in lords and hero's for example if you play 1000pts you are allowed up to 250pts in lords and up to 250pts in heroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say waaaht? Where is this FAQ? Does everyone in the world use these new rules? Even for tournaments etc? How is anyone suppose to know this sort of thing? Why do they even make army books and codex if they don't stick to them? Sheesh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

The erata tells every body to ignore the 'army selection' page in armybooks, because those are not in tune with the latest ruleset.

About the FAQ:
    Everybody in the world uses the FAQ. It's the errata and frequently asked questions posted on the Games Workshop site.
    At tournament rules you usually find something like "bring your own dice, (painted) army, armylist and copy of your army's rules and FAQ"

It's really just a few added rules that are needed because the books contain mistakes and some situations are not covered by the book.

Gaming tab -> erata and faq -> warhammer fantasy -> take your pick!

OR

Warhammer Frequently Asked Questions | Errata and FAQ Articles | Gaming and Collecting Articles | Games Workshop
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread