Update for Bretonnia?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Update for Bretonnia??

There are a few threads that hint at a December release of a new Bret book -Does anyone have any additional info?

It would be great to have some stronger foot knights and a few more characters.

Do we think any of our models need to get re-done?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plastic knights, that can be assembled as Knights of the realm, grail knights, or questing knights
    that would be awesome
    Brets are due for an update, every other race has big monsters, big guns, hordes, massive magic users etc. Bretonnians do not, but the models themselves are still up to par with many new models gw releases, and they retain a classic feel, we just need new units for more balance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic battle pilgrims would be nice.

Also since GW is seeming to go the way of including a big monster in each new book. What kind of "big monster" could be included in a new Bret book?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would be cool to have some type of monstrous cavalry knights, a unit mounted on big cats for example, i am doing a lord on a lion conversion for my army (counts as a hippogryph)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Yes - some plastic battle pilgrims would be nice, although I do love the little metal buggers - I just wish they had a little more variety.

A big monster for Brets? Maybe a Dragon? They are the stereotypical knights, afterall... It would be great to be able to field more knights on Hippogryphs instead of just the Lords or Louencour. Maybe a limit of 3?

Lions? I can see that and would be great to have a pride (?) of trained attack lions! I always thought the Brets should be able to field dogs - this would really help take a little heat off of our recently nerfed knights.

I would really like to see them bring back the Brigand 'Robin Hood' character to give a little more punch to our archers.

Any more thoughts from the Bretonnian realm???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love the idea of robin hood type guys, give our force some variety, you know what would be awesome, an ethereal unit, called blessed wardens or something, basic idea is a grail knight that swore a holy oath to protect a shrine and then died, but his force of will was so strong that the lady chose to keep him as her guardian, a reanimated suit of armor that isnt undead per se but definitely fits with the feel of the army (like a more subordinate green knight)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hunting pack? I like that. M@A's as the herders with the scout ability? That works with the fluff too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

Oh yes - the reanimated suit of armour would be just as hilarious as the grail reliquae. I think that would fit fluff-wise and be a terrific model!

There are lots of armies that have dogs and I do use them a lot with my Chaos army, so I have always thought it would fit with Bretonnia and be a good addition. They could be modelled as rag-tag blood hounds. But, the lion idea could be great - if Bretonnia had access to lions...Are there Lions in Bretonnia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the actual historical geographic area that bretonnia was modeled after there was a specific species of European lion, now extinct, but there is definitely mention of lions in bretonnian background and fluff, lyonesse and the lions of corounne point to the fact of a type of lion different from the white lions of chrace, in my army, my lord came from a crusade to araby and he fought his lion on the great desert, beating it and taking it as a mount
    bretonnians definitely have access, it would also be a unique type of mount, think of it, do any of the other races have a monstrous mount that is similar, and they completely fit with ideas of proud chivalry and courage, damsels could even ride female lions with hunting pack attendants
    you could have a knight at the head of a pride of lions with several females forming the pack, they could form up like a skirmishing unit and get special bonuses against a specific target or "prey"

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by MDSW View Post
    There are a few threads that hint at a December release of a new Bret book -Does anyone have any additional info?
    Let me put it this way; the Maple Leafs have better odds of actually winning the Stanley Cup than we have of getting a Bret book in december!

Quote Originally Posted by MDSW View Post
    It would be great to have some stronger foot knights and a few more characters.

Do we think any of our models need to get re-done?
    Considering the brets have 4 plastic sets compared to 3 plastic/metal hybrids + 4 all metal sets, the chances of the basic knights getting redone are about the average temperature of a Canadian winter!

I have a feeling we'll see something like;
    - New plastic questing OR grail knights.
    - New plastic trebuchet
    - New plastic 'monstrous' thingy (maybe a new monstorus cav unit?)
    And likely on of the above kits will be a 2-in-1 option which means the average 4 new plastic sets.

As for things I'd like to see;
    - bring back characters like Repanse de lyonesse, Knight of the Perilous Lance, Tristien le Troubador, Bohemond 'Beastslayer' Duke of Bastonne, Tancred II of Quenelles (the anti-undead character!)

- add one or two new 'Peasent' special characters. (bring back Bertrand and his famous Black Arrow!)

- remove the 1+ from knights of the realm so that things like peasent rabbles & erranty war themes are do-able.

- add 3 new Special unit choices; foot squires w/armour piercing boar spears, villainous knights (from Mousillion no doubt!) and maybe a bolt thrower type war machine or a hermit knight?

- add 2 new Rare unit choices; new monstrous cav option on the level of crushers/necro knights (grail champions?!) + 'big thing' like every other army it seems...

- increase the Paladin's stat line to be a bit more hitty + slight pts increase.

- add a newer 'Sherrif of the Realm' type hero. Warrior Priest type stats, perhaps gives a bit of a buff to peasents so you don't always have to babysit them with knights.

- virtues become separate from magic items pts alotment.

- give all our wizards access to the lores of Light, Heavens, Life & Beasts.

As for our 8 magic items;
    - Banner of the Lady of the Lake
    - Banner of Rightous Retribution (turns missile fire back upon the enemy who shot them!)
    - Chalise of Malfleur
    - The Ruby Goblet
    - Tress of Isoulde
    - Armour of Brilliance
    - Sword of the Lady's Champion
    - Morning Star of Fracasse

It looks like the brets though will be waiting until early next year though for a release... Considering there's still the stronger rummors of the 'Fat Guys', Necrons + other 40k codex still to come this year...

Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast