Bretonnia's Enemies? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Bretonnia's Enemies?

As the title suggests, i just wanted know from any/all Bretonnian players, who else apart from the Orks & Goblins (they're MOST hated enemy) do they hate &/or have a major grudge against in their history? thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Vampire counts!

There's a warhammer wikipedia on the internet i think. Have a look at Mousillon... it's a cursed place and a good reminder that our fuedal system is not perfect...

They also are not very fond of chaos and mercenaries.

Lots of forests around, i suppose there is Beastmen all over the place.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

I read the Mousillon & they don't like Skaven either for bringing the Red Pox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know about a deep ingrained ancestral enemy, but bretonnians are one of those types that will kill anything at all if it is just a bit evil, you could easily find a reason for them to fight any "bad" race, even most of the good ones

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I thought they weren't too hot on Wood Elves either, just because of some rumours that Elves may occasionally steal their children or something like that...

Or maybe it's more of an 'uneasy peace' with the Elves that only occasionally flares in to disagreement, I can't exactly remember. I think the idea that they keep going off on Quests for the Grail means they'll run in to all sorts and have disagreements with most of them at some point.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

623 (x8)

Yes you're right Deadstar i have read something about the Brets having an 'uneasy relationship' with the Wood Elves, i think it was something about them trying to get into the Forests of Athel Loren (sorry if i spelled that wrong).

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Orcs + Golbins - The greenskins were the very first force to occupy most of the lands, pushed back by the first crusade
    Vampire Counts- The cursed city and also many tales of pale maidens who only drink red wine
    Skaven- Red Pox
    Tomb Kings- Seek revenge against knights who crusade into nehkara (a common choice of crusade area) and destroy artefacts or take trophys back to brettonia
    Chaos- Marauders plague the coast
    Dark elfs- Same as Marauders
    Wood elves- occasionaly strike against brettonians who tresspass or cause damage (wild hunt sometimes hits near by villages too)
    Empire- Occasional dissagrements leed to bloodshed on the boarder, i dont think either has ever acctualy invaded the other full on
    High Elves- May return to a old site and be accused of tresspassing, they would take offence at this as they belive it was thieir land first
    Lizards- simialr to tomb kings really
    Beastmen- pop up in woods all the time and raid towns.

Hope that helps, those are some reasons that HAVE happend or reasons why some races could fight with them.

HL
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bizkit View Post
    Yes you're right Deadstar i have read something about the Brets having an 'uneasy relationship' with the Wood Elves, i think it was something about them trying to get into the Forests of Athel Loren (sorry if i spelled that wrong).
    This is correct - brettonia lays claim to the woods - and the wood elves hate the brettonians.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

The 2 armies they hate most are definitely the Orcs, and the Vampire Counts in that order. The animosity between the Orcs and Brets has been a pretty big deal for a long time- with the Brets driving them out of the land early in their history, then later pursuing them into the mountains in an unprovoked slash-and-burn crusade that destroyed whole tribes.
    The Vampires because of Mousillon, as well as 'The Red Duke of Aquitaine', who led a massive undead army against them. They essentially entombed him in concrete (we did the same to the first American serial killer, to put it into perspective) and then placed a guard on the site at all times. Of course, he got out, wrought havoc again, until they stuck him back in.

They have a bit of a problem with the Skaven, but the Skaven really don't do a whole lot according to the Brettonian armybook (Skaven is one of the few I don't have). The Skaven are sort of that 'brooding on the edge of all out war' type of race, they never actually do anything. No major wars, no major invasions, nothing extreme (except for Pestilens in Lustria and fighting the Dwarfs).

They don't quite hate the WoodElves, the two races just aren't sure what to do about each other. The Brets know to leave the woods alone, and the WoodElves don't bother leaving the trees all that often. In fact, the Brets have gone into Athel Loren to help the elves, and vice versa. Just like the Empire- they have border disputes, and that's about it. Their allies the rest of the time.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

623 (x8)

Thanx guys, i like finding out about armies & their Histories.

+ Reply to Thread