[list] 1000 Pt Starter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at fantasy army. I figured I would do 1000pts first and play some games then decide what to get from there until I have a sizable collection going. Any where here is my first attempt

Paladin - General, Lance, barded warhorse, Virtue of Discipline, Enchanted Sheild, Sword of battle - 128pts

BSB Paladin - Barded warhorse, Gromril Helm, wyrmlance - 124 pts

Damsel - Horse, 2x dispel scroll - 130

5x Knights of the Realm - full command + banner of Chalons - 154pts

5x Knights of the Realm - Musician - 128pts

12x Peasant Bowmen - skirmishers - 84pts

5x Grail knights - full command + bannder of defence - 250pts

Total - 998

I plan on putting the general with the first KoR unit and the BSB with the second. Then the Damsel with the GK's. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you inadvance =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.... You probably would want to drop the GKs for some Pegasus knights... GKs are powerful and all but if you think about it.... you're using 1/4 of your army for one unit. You opponent could just take stubborn units or stuff like that to engagae your GKs and thats 250 pts gone. Pegasus knights can be used as warmachines and mage hunters. Thats pretty essential to a bretonnian army because you dont want to lose knights because of missile attacks. Each knight is too expensive to lose before they even see combat, get my drift?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I would never drop GK. But the pegasus knights have to be included in your army aswell. Why don't you drop the bowmen, replace the kotr unit (the one without a banner) with a ke unit with errantry banner and lose the musicians. In worst case reduce the size of your GK unit with 1 model.
    Also I would replace the wyrmlance with something else or los it aswell. First because your BSB isn't allowed to have a lance (no equipment outside barded warhorse or pegasus - hand weapon and heavy armour are standard for paladin's, so those are allowed). Secondly, because the range is only 11" (top of template, so actual range is even less), which would mean you already should have charged an opposing unit. Why don't you give him tress of isoulde (extra killing power) or give him war banner instead of the magic items.
    And if possible make your mage lvl 2 (but I think this would put you way beyond 1000 ptn).
    There are no wrong turnings, only paths we had not known we were ment to walk.

+ Reply to Thread