Grail Knights And Pilgrims - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the description of the Battle Pilgrims it says wherever the Grail Knights go they are followed by their fanatical worshippers. If this is true, then why could the Grail Knights go into battle w/o these fanatical worshippers constantly following. Somehow this doesn't make sense.

If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one 'round to hear it is it still my fault.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Because Grail knights wouldn't be as good if you had to drag that piece of junk to every battle with them. And there are probably more grail knights than reliques, so there could only be so many following knights.

The rules go the other way though, you need knights before the relique not a relique before the knights. It makes more sense like this,they follow the knights into battle but not all the time, and they won't fight without them.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand, but let me raise this question. When the army is led by the king and the 0-1 ban on the Grail Knights is lifted do you think that it would be practicable to lift the 0-1 ban on Grail Reliquae.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one 'round to hear it is it still my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

practicable
    Never heard that word. Is it one George Bush said at some stage?

I think so, more knights means more followers doesn't it. The level of reliques should be the number of grail knight units in your army.

However, the relique is a hero being held up and they would still be quite rare. Battle pilgrims should be the ones with a unit running around alone, but thats pretty much another bunch of weak infantry. I don't really see why you would want more reliques...
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart+Jan 26 2005, 049--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strewart &#064; Jan 26 2005, 049)</div><div class='quotemain'>Never heard that word. Is it one George Bush said at some stage?
    [snapback]312550[/snapback]
    [/b]

Practicable- usable for a specified purpose.

<!--QuoteBegin-strewart
    @Jan 26 2005, 049
    However, the relique is a hero being held up and they would still be quite rare. Battle pilgrims should be the ones with a unit running around alone, but thats pretty much another bunch of weak infantry. I don&#39;t really see why you would want more reliques...
    [snapback]312550[/snapback]
    [/quote]

It is not that I want more reliquaes, but I simply couldn&#39;t understand why the rules say two different things in the same book.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there&#39;s no one &#39;round to hear it is it still my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Practicable- usable for a specified purpose.
    Yeah, realise that now. What was it Bush said? subliminable messages.

Ok, I don&#39;t really see that the rules here clash... You cannot mix fluff and rules when figuring things out, otherwise you lead to a lot of errors and confusion. It says pilgrims follow the grail knights loyally, and so is it written in the rules. They can never go to battle without grail knights around. Grail knights do not follow the pilgrims so it would make sense that you do not need pilgrims to have grail knights.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart@Jan 27 2005, 212
    Yeah, realise that now. What was it Bush said? subliminable messages.

Ok, I don&#39;t really see that the rules here clash... You cannot mix fluff and rules when figuring things out, otherwise you lead to a lot of errors and confusion. It says pilgrims follow the grail knights loyally, and so is it written in the rules. They can never go to battle without grail knights around. Grail knights do not follow the pilgrims so it would make sense that you do not need pilgrims to have grail knights.
    [snapback]314140[/snapback]
    All I&#39;m saying is that The fluff and the rules should be consistant. When the fluff says when ever I would go into it thinking whenever because I am inclined to read the fluff about an army. Thanks anyway.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there&#39;s no one &#39;round to hear it is it still my fault.

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

fluff my ......., there are alot more Grail knights than there are reliquaes and there aernt many Grail knights. when grail knights go into towns they are followed by sects of pilgrims, but also the whole rabble of peasents in that town flock around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then maybe there should be an option to take just the plain pilgrims instead of them and the reliquae.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell that to GW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast