Pegasus Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pegasus Knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,

I have just used my new Pegasus Knights in battle, but am wondering if they are a good or bad thing?

I'm not sure what they add to my army.

Any Advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

They are brilliant. Use them as warmachine and lone mage hunters, pick on soft targets and wreak havok. Most other armies with fliers have much softer ones, these guys have good armour, decent toughness and multiple wounds. They are excellent at what they do, plus with lances they hit hard. I have also found them good for attacking chariots, chariots aren't a good thing to have charging you so having pegasus knights who can take a wound or two off then outnumber and maybe banner win the combat and route the chariot easily.

Once they have finished picking on soft targets they can chase down fleeing units from your other knights or rear charge units that are being threatened by knights or even unengaged ones. The lances will tear them up and force them to flee towards your knights, unless they get chased down which is likely.

Overall, do not charge them straight forward. Use them properly and use them in advantageous situations and they are essential for almost any Bretonnian army.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

pegasus knights rock. i use them to block march moves so i definetly get the charge. also when charging comes, swing them into the back of a unit, so they get +2 combat resolution, and wounds, standard, and a frontal charge from knights.

in 2000 points (since your outnumbered) i charge half his/her army with knights, and slow the other half with pegasus so i can turn around and slay the other units.

quite simply, they rock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pegasus Knights are the greatest flying unit in WFB. The strength of the knight combined with the extended range of the pegasus adds up to a very deadly combination. They're awesome.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one 'round to hear it is it still my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best flying unit out there. i am currently 2-0-0 with bretts, and the peg knights pretty much got me both wins. they hit as hard as cavalry, and their armor is also very good. i always take them, and i dont see a reason why u shouldnt. they will always benfit you.
    The absence of wrath is an impediment to utilizing your true strength.

+ Reply to Thread