[list] 1.200 Pts Tourny Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- CHARACTERS 363 pts (30,25%)

General - Damsel, 2 disp, scrolls (alternately, 1 disp scroll + Prayer Icon) 120 pts

Bsb - Paladin, Virtue of Empathy, Insignia of the Quest, Questing Vow 108 pts

Paladin, Barded Bret. Warhorse, Great Weapon, Morning Star, Shield, Virtue of the Ideal, Gauntlet of the Duel, Questing Vow 135 pts

-- CORE 644 pts (~53,65%)

9 KotR, full command 240 pts

29 M@A, full command, with spears 172 pts

10 M@A, with halberds 50 pts

15 Bowmen, skirmishers, musician 110 pts

12 Bowmen 72 pts

-- SPECIAL 103 pts (~8,6%)

6 MY, musician, shields 103 pts

-- RARE 90 pts (7,5%)

Trebuchet 90 pts

-- TOTAL 1.200 pts

I plan to try to complete this army in time for a mini tourny in a couple of weeks. It should prove an interesting challenge to play with.

I have to keep my BSB alive at all costs, and make the various infantry units work together efficiently to stand a chance. The knights can try to take care of the toughest enemy unit(s) while I play my strengths as best as I can. I figured the Ideal knight would go with the MYs, or maybe just use them as a meatshield, while I try to keep him away from the rest of the army. Leadership is a rare commodity here!

I don't plan to pray with this army, but I found a somewhat cheeky way of getting the blessing on everyone regardless... theoretically, I can have all the characters joined in the KotR unit at the start of the game, and use the Prayer Icon immediately, then split them up. I'm not sure I'm going to do that though, since I feel it goes against the spirit of the list...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I AM CAN HAS CHEESEBURGER bonjordo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

interesting. good work on the list i think.
    will be very different to play.
    cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good. My only complaint is that you didn't give the Trebuchet a Yeoman Craftsman. Without his BS the Trebuchet is only a lesser stone thrower. I also like that you tried to make a complete peasant army.
    If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one 'round to hear it is it still my fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Originally posted by Captain Obvious@Feb 10 2005, 15:14
    Pretty good. My only complaint is that you didn't give the Trebuchet a Yeoman Craftsman. Without his BS the Trebuchet is only a lesser stone thrower. I also like that you tried to make a complete peasant army.
    [snapback]325593[/snapback]
    uhhh, stone throwers dont roll to hit so whats the point :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right. The craftsman doesn't do anything but give the trebuchet a leadership boost... and a pretty crappy one. I don't think it's worth the points really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried this army against a infantry Chaos Mortal force, and I thought it did fairly well... though it was against something of a newbie player.

He had two units of chaos warriors with hand weapons and one with halberds, a spawn, two chariots, one mage and an aspiring champion for the general.

In the first round a spectacular hit from my trebuchet slew more than half of a unit of chaos warriors containing the enemy general (but that was the only models it would kill for the entire battle... I only had a single misfire though, which is better than usual). A charge from the knights saw the unit flee for two rounds before rallying.

On my right flank I took a chance and charged my Ideal knight alongside the MYs into a chariot, which saw three dead yeomen and no wounds on the wagon. The MYs broke, panicing the nearby small M@A unit, but my knight stood. Then the other chariot ran him into the ground with a bazillion impact hits.

I screened the big M@A unit with a line of bowmen, that were charged by a chaos warrior unit and broke, smoothly leading him into the M@As with his flank facing my knights. However a disastrous flee roll for the remaining bowmen made them block the knight's charge, something which turned out to mean nothing as the M@As beat the tar out of the chaos worshippers, broke them, and ran them into the ground. Then, the third chaos warrior unit caught my knights, who hadn't gotten to move because their failed charge earlier, in the flank. They barely managed to hold for enough time for the same M@A unit to flank the CWs in turn, break and catch them, thereby saving their knightly asses! After that, they took a rear charge from a chariot, broke it and chased that down too! Peasants are badass!

In the final round the chaos general managed to charge my (by now rather depleted) knights, and pummeled the champion in a challenge. Nothing came out of it but I'm happy I managed to keep him out of combat for that long, he was scary.

Apart from the peasants, the hero of the game must have been the chaos spawn. It singlehandedly slew the skirmisher unit and the 10 man M@A unit, and caused me no end of headaches. Those were sacrificial anyway, but I'd like to have sacrificed them to something a bit more powerful...

In the end I barely managed to scrape together a Minor Victory, and both my opponent and I agreed that it had been a very enjoyable game. The peasant army was a lot of fun to play with. I'll definitely field it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Originally posted by Mead@Feb 10 2005, 16:48
    That's right. The craftsman doesn't do anything but give the trebuchet a leadership boost... and a pretty crappy one. I don't think it's worth the points really.
    [snapback]325709[/snapback]
    lol lol. good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heheh, the irony is that the trebuchet crew failed a panic test on a roll of 6... making them run right off the board. The Yeoman would have saved them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

btw i've seen your comics.

funniest warhammer comics ever. put simply
    you (your comics) rock

+ Reply to Thread