Bret lord in pegasus unit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bret lord in pegasus unit

it was called to my attention that character cannot join flying unit. the reason the list is because that character even if mounted on a fly monster arent as manuerable as them, but if a bret lord is riding a pegasus then shouldnt he be able to join them since they would be just as manuerable as him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Yes, he should be able to join them if the rules were realistic. However with the current wording of the rules, he cant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this stinks, i have to change my army, unless the 2 ppl i play with allow that as a house rule, who thinks that pegasus knights should have a special rule that allows them to have characters in their unit?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarvenrat
    it was called to my attention that character cannot join flying unit. the reason the list is because that character even if mounted on a fly monster arent as manuerable as them, but if a bret lord is riding a pegasus then shouldnt he be able to join them since they would be just as manuerable as him?

he's not actually as maneuvarable as them, because he can only charge things in his front arc...
    the pagasus knights, because they are a flying unit are skirmishers and so can charge 360degrees which is more maneuverable than your lord...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i am correct by him self hes a single model. doesnt that mean he has 360 degree line of sight too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. He's riding the pegasus, which counts as a monster steed. Hence, he's limited to the 90 front arc for his line of sight...
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if he can't join them let him fly near them. Thats the closest thing you could get to joining the unit.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, I would rather have him ride a normal pegasus than the royal and be able to join a unit. I had an amazing anti-artillary , anti-archers unit set up and then I couldn't use it because my standard bearer couldn't join the unit. I think its silly. A pox on the rules guys, a pox on them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I think a bret pally or lord on a pegasus under those rules would rock!

First of all, b/c the pegasus is treated like a normal steed, it can't be targetted by attacks, so you can't *kill* the pegasus without killing the rider, and secondly, there's a ton of magic items that boost the rider's ac, etc. which can be easily used to keep the rider alive. Third, the guy would get 360 line of sight while keep the 20" charge!! :> I would forgo the Unit strength 4 for a pally or lord on royal pegasus just for that!

Too bad the rules won't let u
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you keep them near a unit of PKs he can't be shot at anyway...right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast