How could brets fair against all calvalry high elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could brets fair against all calvalry high elves

How could brets fair against all calvalry high elves? What should i take against him? This is his list.

Commander
    -Great Weapon
    -Heavy armour
    -Barded Steed
    -shield
    -Pure of Heart
    total = 97 pts

8 Silver Helms x2
    -full command
    -shields
    -heavy armour
    total = 438 pts

6 Silver Helms
    -full command
    -shields
    -heavy armour
    total = 163 pts

Tiranoc Chariot x2
    total = 170 pts

Great Eagle x2
    total = 100 pts

He might change it to add revers in it. But this is his basically. What should i take to fight this list? We will be playing 1000 point games.

Can you guys help me out and click this link? If you click it, I get a soldier in this game I'm playing online. Can you please help me out?

Click here

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

be careful, i played against ana all cav. HE and lost, he wuill have a bigger charge range than you(which you probably already know), just be glad he isnt take some dragon princes, they can destroy a unit on the charge, at least from my experience.

P.S. i would take some grail knights like 6 even though they are very exspensive i love these guys(but i wouldnt listen to my self, i have only been playing for 2 or 3 months)
    "The proper height for an elf is 6 feet under"
    Togar Ironbread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LoL He cavs own all if has won me some games and yes dp can own alot also so can some silver helms if you play them right
    Isn't it a shame
    The reaper said
    He is quite alone here
    And still waiting for you
    Oh I really did fail for the first time
    Spoke the fiddler, poor old fiddler
    Demons and wizards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought silver helms charge 16" like Brets do? The chariot charges 18", the eagles 20", no?

Silver helms do not have ithilmar barding, so the movement is reduced by 1 as normal, and there is no option in the HE army book to buy silver helms without barding. (HE army book, page 27) As opposed to the Dragon Princes which is on page 28 where it states that they have ithilmar barding. Hence, they charge 18"

So most of that army won't out charge you (ignore the eagles because a charge from them into a fully ranked lance would be simply suicidal), and from my experience, charges into the front of a Bret lance could actually be quite suicidal for the SH because the extra ranks in the lance adds significantly to CR.

The biggest problem are those 2 chariots. Brets have a problem dealing with chariots... best option I've found is to use PKs to get into the chariot's blind spots and smack them. Otherwise, you need to charge them first. Remember chariots have 90 degree LOS, whereas PKs have 360. Also, remember that chariots cannot MARCH, so they are stuck at moving at 9" until they charge.

So the plan would be PKs launch after eagles (which should be no contest). Lances handle SH. Just make sure you bring big lances (9 minimum, preferably 12). Stay away from chariot, or fake them out by fleeing KEs/yeomen. If anyone knows a better way to deal with the chariots, I'd love to hear about it!

Also, you might as well take advantage of his lack of magic and bring a damsel. Howling wind can negate his charge range, Eagle's cry can send his cavalry off (unfortunately that's quite unlikely to happen b/c he has high leadership, but you never know

Ah, also, you could use Virtue of the Impetuous charge to get the leg up on him and ruin his battle plans by punching a hole in his lines first to be able to charge 18", you just need to roll a 2+...

hope that helps
    It's only a lance of Grail Knights... won't hurt at all!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take knights, pegasus knights (for that war machine), and anyother special dohicky you might be interested in. Jus don't do all knights.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot that SH's dont have that special barding, im used to fighting DP's.
    Togar Ironbread

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dps will make mince heat out of KOTR on the charge. I love those guys, M 9 is pretty nasty.

Grail knights on the other hand
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, grail knights are awesome, i love those guys.
    Togar Ironbread

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but a white lion flank charge with hero would see an end to that unit

+ Reply to Thread