Right you lot! Series of questions here. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right you lot! Series of questions here.

Ok, Id appreciate any comment on this, especially from people who can give an official ruling.

1) In the Errantry War, Knights Errant can receive Grail Knights as CHAMPIONS. As Grail Knights are part of a unit, not a character joining it, is the entire unit immune to psychology?

2)Knights Vow. The wording in this specifically states that
    "Knightly units with the Knight's Vow may ignore Panic caused by friendly units and models with the Peasants Duty"
    Now, Im having a raging row with my local store manager over this. My view is that the word 'and' is there between friendly units and models with the peasants vow, meaning that the knightly unit will ignore panic from ALL friendly units AS WELL AS models with the Peasants Duty. The manager maintains that a unit has to fufil both requirements for the unit to ignore panic.

3) Basic sorta rules question, never get a total answer. Grail knights are immune to Psychology. Does this include panic caused by friendly fleeing units and/or break tests?

4) Aesthetic one, this. Pegasus Knights have Unit Strength 2, barding, are mounted models, and are knights. Do they or do they not remove rank bonuses?

Thankyou all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Ok, i'll try and answer these best I can.

1) To be honest, I would treat the Grail Knight as a character, rather than a champion, and therefore I wouldn't think the entire would be immune. Just cause he's not scared, doesn't mean they won't be.
    2) I believe they are immune to all panic, unless caused by shooting on their unit or spells, not by fleeing units.
    3) The only way to influence a unit immune to psychology is to break them in combat. Break tests are the only ones they ever have to take. Just cause they are immune to psychology doesn't mean they are unbreakable
    4) Only a unit with unit strength 5 or above removes rank bonuses, so no pegasus knights wouldn't. As flyers they all count as individual units, and therefore cannot negate rank bonuses unless they have a unit strength of 5 or more, ie Dragon

I hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

1. Use the Psychology rules of the Knights Errant

2. Knightly Vow only makes you immune to Panic caused by units with the Peasant's Duty special rule

3. Gingerninja got it right. They are immune to Fear, Terror and Panic, in addition to several spells that only affect units not Immune to Psychology. They can still be broken in combat.

4.Aren't Pegasus Knights Units of Flyers, and thus would count as Skirmishers? (Skirmishers never remove rank bonus, so...)
    Last edited by Teron; July 14th, 2005 at 18:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) No. All Grail Knights are effectively characters anyway, although in this case the Grail Knight can't leave the unit. He doesn't give it any benefit apart from his increased leadership and fighting ability, and still has to accompany the unit when it fails an impetuous test.

2) This is a dreadful piece of wording in the army book. Since all models with the peasant's duty are friendly units anyway, I take it to mean the same as it did in the previous version, ie. that knights are immune to panic caused by fleeing peasants but NOT by fleeing knights.

3) Psychology tests are defined as Panic, Stupidity, Hatred, Frenzy, Fear and Terror. Grail knights are immune to all these (whatever the cause). They aren't immune to break tests - if they were, they would be Unbreakable, not Immune to Psychology.

4) No. As a flying unit, Pegasus Knights are skirmishers (albeit very hard ones!), so they never negate rank bonuses.

+ Reply to Thread