More fun blessing arguments: Leoncour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

More fun blessing arguments: Leoncour

I realize "The Grail Shield" argument isn't quite cleared up but just assuming it is for a moment, if you read Leoncour's abilities doesn't one of them seem to imply that Beaquis gets regeneration? I never considered it until just now and I've never really read any battle reports with him in it. Take the downside of our previous example and why such a cheap shield would effect the rider and the mount. It is because it actually requires a few things: One, that you have the grail vow. Two, that you not lose the blessing. There are other Bret items that give wardsaves that don't improve the blessing and thus wouldnt be lost if you lose the blessing (and likewise wouldnt be past down).

Back to Louen though, his improved blessing comes with a steep downside. He takes wounds without any hope of saving them under certain circumstances. Few to no other special characters have this clear of a "penalty". Finally, the fact that it doesnt explicitly say Bequis gets the regeneration is actually consistent with the argument as a whole. No other time does the blessing (and anything that alters it) say it also effects the mount. Simply put, if his blessing = A+B then Beaquis blessing = A + B

Last edited by Domstrae; April 20th, 2006 at 21:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I know squabbling over little things and interpruting rules like this seems agaisnt the spirits of the game but the people I play with despite their good intentions and creativity are highly competitive first and forgiving of the rules second. Its always in my best interest to know more than them regarding the rules and so this strict inturpretation of the rules is necesary. So I'd really love some feedback even if this seems like a completely overstressed unimportant issue because I have to fight busted ass tyrion and the ogre butcher =/
    Last edited by Domstrae; April 20th, 2006 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Alright, I'll reply.

I haven't heard 'grail shield' arguement before. I'm asuming it is whether the mount gets the improved blessing? I'd say yes, because the blessing is passed on as normal.

For Louen, I read the line carefully.

In addition to the ward save he receives from the blessing, Leoncoeur has regeneration.

I can see how it could be read either way... But I think since it specifically says the ward is from the blessing, and in addition to that... Only he would get regen. Thats my interpretation of it anyway.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I feel jiped, my army book came with the pages of leon leoncur missing! I never found out his rules........ Oh well......... it does seem a little odd that they are the only pages missing though.........

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I've always wondered is why doesn't a hippogryph have an armour save. The model for beaquis has barding and armour plates but no save. Hipps seem a lot weaker than other races special mounts. I want to see a Bretonnian Dragon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Necroposting of the direst sort. Raising the dead is occasionally on the up and up, but this time, 'tis best to leave the dead thread buried.

~Closed~
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread