Grail Knights and Knights of the realm... is it just me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grail Knights and Knights of the realm... is it just me

I've been pondering on starting a bretonnian army so i've going through the pics and viewing the figures.

Is is just me or does the knights of the realm model almost the same as the grail knight figs. just less of the grail design???

If so, this would be great coz i'll just convert it and declare it as grail knights. seems sensible especially if your on a budget.

any feedback would be greatly welcomed. thnx in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Well they're all knights, so they can't be made too much different.. Yes it is easy enough to convert grail knights from realm knights, go for it.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The horses are all the same for all knights. So that puts you half way there. Just throw a couple of extra pieces on your converted Grail Knights and you should be good. I would suggest actually buying the Questing Knights though, because their models are so cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I know the latest edition of models are much more detailed than the next most recent but I gotta tip my hat in the direction of the latter. The horses even look transcendant of their mortal coil ! I have to admit I havent painted anything as of yet but, I want them to set apart from the army in look. I'll go with a classic rainbow of colors for my army and then grail knights will be a simple white and gold mix. In my mind it will look so wonderful although these things sometimes translate poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i'm thingking already of just converting realm to grail.

Can anybody tell me atleast some of the diffrence between the details of the two models. (well except for the grail details.

Tnx and regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grail Knights are usually set apart with Grail icons on their shields, banners, and horse barding. They also have more colors. Normally I use colors for the barding, shield and armor on my KOTR. On my Grail Knights I use at least 3 colors. On a side note KOTR have emblems and Errant Knights just have colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Questing knights, my friend bought a blister with three of them, but when he got home he saw that they were armed with lances. Is this normal, or was it just this one that was wrong?

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Domstrae
    I know the latest edition of models are much more detailed than the next most recent but I gotta tip my hat in the direction of the latter. The horses even look transcendant of their mortal coil ! I have to admit I havent painted anything as of yet but, I want them to set apart from the army in look. I'll go with a classic rainbow of colors for my army and then grail knights will be a simple white and gold mix. In my mind it will look so wonderful although these things sometimes translate poorly.

That will look good, ive painted my GK all black with gold details- makes them quite a striking unit

As for the minis, the only real difference is that the heradlry (such as crests on their helmets) are all grail based- you could certainly convert the plastic knight into them
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Blue
    About Questing knights, my friend bought a blister with three of them, but when he got home he saw that they were armed with lances. Is this normal, or was it just this one that was wrong?
    I've never heard of blisters of 3 knights.. That in itself is very odd. And it is wrong, they should have great weapons. If the lances actually fit, you have the wrong models entirely.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread