Sir Tristan and Jules - opinions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir Tristan and Jules - opinions?

I'm not sure if a thread on this subject has already appeared, but I was curious whether anyone uses or has used Tristan the Troubadour and Jules the Jester in the current version of Warhammer? I used him once or twice in 5th edition and have just finished converting him for re-use (with a new horse from the current range and a nice new paint job).

Thoughts, anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing to do is come up with rules that fit into the 6th magic system and submit them to GW. I think this stuff normally shows up in Warhammer Chronicals. (could be wrong about that) Other then that you'll have to get your opponents permission to play with him anyway. I have his model and use it as a hero or champion for my Knights Errant unit. It is a pretty nice model. I didn't finish painting the Jester, but I'll probably throw him in with my Relique squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Errant Squire
    The best thing to do is come up with rules that fit into the 6th magic system and submit them to GW. I think this stuff normally shows up in Warhammer Chronicals. (could be wrong about that) Other then that you'll have to get your opponents permission to play with him anyway. I have his model and use it as a hero or champion for my Knights Errant unit. It is a pretty nice model. I didn't finish painting the Jester, but I'll probably throw him in with my Relique squad.
    The rules for Tristan and Jules have already appeared in White Dwarf, issue 303, with a special scenario for using them. They might well be on the GW website somewhere too. I was wondering if anyone had actually used them - I haven't done so yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the old Bretonian special characters. I loved the old "Bowmen of Bergiac" and some of the other guys, like the hunting guy and Repanse de Leoness (the Joan of Arc clone).

IMHO, the new special characters are pretty lousy. The Green Knight is OK, but since he's a Lord choice and can't be the general, and costs almost 300 points, you can't afford to bring him to most battles. I love his write up though. Very fluffy.

Morgiana is OK, but they really toned her down since 5th edition. The spiteful glance was just fantastic.... Now it's just a S6 hit or something.

Don't get me started on Louen. He's garbage. Sure, it's nearly impossible to kill him, but who cares? All he can do is kill schmucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know where to find the rules for the old special caracters? I dont like the current characters, but since i only got started this edition it's all i know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSnipe
    does anyone know where to find the rules for the old special caracters? I dont like the current characters, but since i only got started this edition it's all i know.
    You might be able to pick up a copy of the old rules on eBay.

Other than that, anything else would be a copywrite infringement... sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSnipe
    They're all in the old (1996 issue) army book. Should be easy enough to adapt them to 6th edition rules, but unfortunately they won't be official, so you might struggle to find an opponent who'll let you use them.

Tristan and Jules, as I've mentioned above, are in WD303, so I imagine they would be accepted as "official".

+ Reply to Thread