Painting horses...knights..etc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting horses...knights..etc

hey guys. i did a search on painting knights... but i couldn't find anything.... i'm just wondering what techniques you all use.. highlighting armor?...... the cloths over the horses... where to highlight on them? do you highlight the top end above the tail or just the raised areas on the sides.... horse skin/hair color?.... sorry if this is too much..but i really did do a search.. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks... pics would be fantasic as well. :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

armour is easy, for knights of the realm use boltgun highlighted with a little mithril. For grail knights use straight mithril and highlight with mithril/white

horse cloth, you can do a few different ways. One is blending if you're good at it you can blend the rasied with the folded and get a nice model. Two is the one i use which is to layer your highlights creating a "striped" effect which can look like blending if you do it close together. finally three is to create a flat color, maybe inked, and just leave it at that, this way all you have to do is make a cool shield design to distract people from the simple cloth.

anywhere raised is good for highlighting. for grail knights i find it best to highlight lighter and more so the model itself looks like it glows.

horse skin is just any hore color (black, white, brown, grey...) and just add white or a lighter shade and go lighter.

hair is usually one of those colors too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.. yeah i agree with you on 'the better the knight the lighter colored the armor' thing. It does make it glow all cool like. thanks again

+ Reply to Thread