Grail Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grail Knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grail Knights

Should Grail Knights get magic resistance? I'm not sayin Grail Knights suck, since they are almost equals to Chaos Knights, but I think what better way to show that they are the favoured of the Lady if they have a magic res of 1. I also know that it would bring their cost to at least 40, but its still worth it IMO. What do u guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Brettonians have plenty of ways to give their grail knights magic resistance

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I agree that brets have little trouble getting MR, but I also agree GK need SOMETHING to give them that extra zing. I always suggested GK LD should be 9.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Extra zing? Because Grail knights aren't good enough already...

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GKs are really good already, but when you consider the fact that they are supposed to be near gods, their stats dont really indicate it. the LD 9 would nice, but then you would have make paladins LD 9 too and that would make the brets even more powerful. so fluff wise they should be better, but game play/balance wise they are good as they are.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

so fluff wise they should be better, but game play/balance wise they are good as they are.
    I agree, brettonians are already one of the top two armies in the game, so i can't understand it when i see people complaining they should be better

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that seems to be a recurring theme in bretonnian forums. brets are either too good, or not good enough. for example, please note some of the posts in the libarium bretonnian section. "this sucks gw" (our save isnt good enough), "grail knights" (grail knights are not good enough), "are bretonnians too goo?" to name a few. i move to close all topics that deal with bretonnians being to good, or not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSnipe
    that seems to be a recurring theme in bretonnian forums. brets are either too good, or not good enough. for example, please note some of the posts in the libarium bretonnian section. "this sucks gw" (our save isnt good enough), "grail knights" (grail knights are not good enough), "are bretonnians too goo?" to name a few. i move to close all topics that deal with bretonnians being to good, or not good enough.
    This is very true. This is one of the two thing that have kept me from playing the brets (the other being the painting level is very high!).

Despite being a constant top tournament army, alot of newer players to the army find thier units weak or not "killy" enough to quote someone.

The grail knights is the single most cost effective knight unit in the game.

First, they have magical attacks. they can plow through spirit hosts, daemons and forest spirits like a knife through thin air. Chaos knights usually get stuck a few turn to deal with these.

Second. a caracter will ever only kill one at a time. a Great weapon to tarpit a dangerous chaos lord in place, facing a model with a 2+ save and 5+ ward.

The blessing makes them far more resilient to magic missiles and shooting, despite thier toughness of 3.

The lances makes a unit of 8 dramatically more desvastating than a unit of 8 chaos knights.

They won't run to fear. Chaos knights will.

And if you want magical resistance that bad, just put your damsel in the unit.
    Last edited by Wolf_Pack; June 24th, 2006 at 23:15.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't get it where does it say that grail knights are godlike?, the first knights certainly but all subsequent grail knights are just what they are extremelly elite knights i think the rules currently represent the fluff most accurately
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is there is a big conflict between rules and fluff, fluff says there shouldnt be slann in really any armys and they should be a ton more powerful than they are, you can't always go by the fluff as to what they should do and often it would break the game if rules relied on fluff. However not everyone agree grail knights are that good but mainly this is due to their cost, njot their perfomance. Grail knights arent just elite knights they are those who have drank from the holy and magical grail, now to get to the grail they have to earn it, i should imagine the journey is a profound and enlightening journey enough to take them far away from elite status alone but thats without whatever effects the grail has.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast