Banner of the Lady - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner of the Lady

Im planning on entering a local tournament in september. It is a 1000 pt. hall of heroes event. since there are not a lot of other people, i have a pretty good idea of who i will be facing.

one of my opponents will probably be an empire player. he almost always fields a big anchor unit of 20-25 swordmen with a BSB w/griffin standard and a capatain. in other battles versus this player i have done fairly well using the banner of the lady.

Here is my question: would it be better to bring more models for the points i would save (and have a more flexible army that might not do aswell vs. his griffin unit), or go all out and buy the Banner of the Lady and hope for the best with that.

I was just wondering what everyones opions on the subject were.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-SgtSnipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what do you currently have? I don't think it's such a bad idea, and it means that his swordsmen won't be sticking around.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there an official ruling on what how the Banner of the lady vs the Griffon standard would work?

Is it a roll off? If so, I wouldn't bother spending 100 points for a 50/50 chance of it working.

In any case, a 100 point magic item in a 1000 point game is probably not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yeah I probably wouldn't use the banner of the lady in 1k battles... Depends on how it fits in with the rest of your army I guess. Against some opponents it'd be pretty useful in 1k, but against lots of others it'd just be a big point sink. Generally your knights alone should be able to take most units without the banner.

Isn't it easy enough to just flank the unit with the griffon banner and root them over that way? Or, being Brets, you are fast.. Just ignore the unit until the end.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I would suprisingly enough suggest you bring it. I would manage my characters very carefully though. The real tricky part is you'll probably want to put him in with another character to avoid challenges. One of the really devastating things players can still do in under 2k is have a brute unit that beats anybody elses in that point range. Likewise I would bring a lot of peasents to make up for the costliness of the proposition. I'm speaking of Mounted yeomen even. They can be all the knight you need. In fact, this might be a good chance to try our the 4+ save yeomen as well. Bottom line, if its a tournament, then play what you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the opinions, im probably going to do some play testing prior to the tournament and see what happens.

-SgtSnipe

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rameusb5
    Is there an official ruling on what how the Banner of the lady vs the Griffon standard would work?
    There doesn't need to be. The Banner of the lady negates the rank bonus, and the double of nothing is...nothing.

Only when items directly contradict each other (e.g. something that hits on 3's vs something that hits on 6's) would a roll-off be required.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread