how expensive should a paladin be? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

how expensive should a paladin be?

Ive just been writing my new bret list and a thought struck me. I havnt played fantasy since 5th ed so i was happily putting loads of items and virtues all over the place then i stopped, The rules have changed a lot since then so what id like to know is roughly how tooled up do people usually make their paladins? do you take grail vow and all of the magic items etc or is it better to keep it simple?

Hope someone can help
    A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Well 6th (7th) edition is definitely a lot less hero-hammer than earlier editions, having a bunch of characters supped up usually isn't quite as viable. But it completely depends on the style you want for your army, I've seen lists with bare minimum characters and no items, and I've seen lists with a full amount of characters all supped up.

The main thing is have a use for the character in mind when you make him. You might spend 100 points on a BSB and magic banner, getting the items that you actually want him to have to perform a specific role, and on the other hand you might spend nothing on a damsel if you just want her for DD.

You can't really expect to make super fighting characters and have them wipe out whole units on their own anymore, so make sure you have specific roles in mind for each character and you should be fine.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my 2000 point list I use five characters with three of those being paladins. I have a paladin who is specifically tooled for dueling my friends thane when I play him, and he can easily switch up to fighting my friends treemen. Here is his load-up:

Marcus D’avegny
    Grail Vow
    Lance
    Morning Star of Fracasse
    Virtue of Confidence
    Barded Bretonnian Warhorse
    Total – 149

The virtue gives him rerolls to hit and wound in duels and the grail vow gives no saves because of the magic attacks. The morning star allows me to break any magic weapons so he can't attack back. I don't know if this was what you were looking for, but all my characters are tooled up similarly except for my BSB who is the bare minimum.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Thanks to both of you just what i was looking for!
    Along the same lines ive got an old knight on foot if i gave him empathy and grail vow would he do well in a man at arms unit or is it a waste of points?

A

PS: I will stick a list up eventually just ironing a few things out first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will definetly be a surprise for your opponent to be "Oh, look men-at-arms." then have a knight kill off a few people.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

+ Reply to Thread