Newbie bret questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    South Australia
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Newbie bret questions

Im looking into which army to start next. Brets is one of my choices.

I was thinking something along the lines of:
    2 units of 20 men @ arms, for some staying power and to hold the enemy still while i flank with cav.
    2 units of Knights of the realm
    1 unit of Grail knights.
    1 war machine to cover the advance.
    Maybe some pegasus knights.
    and of course characters..(probably a damsel in the men @ arms for some magic defence, and the rest as mounted CC characters).

Is this a workable army style or would it get annihilated?

Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Well, I think you'll get cheers for having a more balanced list than is usually seen. Otherwise, I can't really comment, as I don't know the army book well enough.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Slightly below Join Date, just above Age
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

A couple thoughts for you:

1. with the newly released O&G, you're going to see many night goblin fanatics for a while. These tend to rip bretonnians up, and with no shooting, you have no way of dealing with them (shooting a fanatic near your lines with a stone thrower being bad).

2. Some of the faster armies, HE, WE, Slaanesh or Tzeentch chaos, may well outmove your knights, so they can just charge the knights, ignore your peasents, and possibly destroy your flankers. 1 unit of Pegasus knights can't be everywhere at once to counter them. Mounted Yeomen to charge-bait might complement your knight units. they can also shoot fanatics.

3. I like the balance of the list, and between the leadership upgrade and break test reroll from your mandatory BSB, your 'catcher' units of peasents should work well against most foes.

4. I'm not sure how you'd typically deploy the army, but you don't have any obvious screens for your knights. Against gunlines, you'll be exposed to a lot of fire before the peasents actually make contact with the foe, and you might not have a lot left by the time you do. Ward saves will help with this, but they don't stop everything.

Hope you find some of that useful.
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread