The tiny shields - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tiny shields

Hey all

I'm starting to build Bretonnian's and am wondering what the tiny shields on the knight sprues are for.

The box doesn't really specify anything so I figure they're kind of a fluff piece. That said - what do you use them for? I'm thinking of putting them on the knights shoulders and maybe leaving them off of Knights Errants.

Do they have any other practical use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I attach them to the upper part of the arm which is holding the weapon.
    Like an extra plate of armour to guard the shoulder. and also good decoration.

I think in fluff-terms, Knights used to wear that extra plate of armour there during jousts. It would basically provide something for eachother to aim at, and also provide enough protection to stop them from being outright skewered.
    I guess when facing non-knightly enemies, they just keep it because it had become a ceremonial/cultural part of their dress.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I assume it's something like Manu_Forti said except if you look at the lance arm, it is pretty open considering that's the side closest to the enemy on the charge. The shoulder guard gives them some protection while still allowing them to remain very maneouverable.
    Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

+ Reply to Thread