Jezzails - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jezzails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jezzails

I did a search for this and couldn't find anything in response to it on this forum so I figured I'd ask.

A friend of mine is going to go clan Skyre as Skaven because he wants to take Jezzails as core. Now this isn't a problem for me as I've faced him like this before and can avoid them with minimal casualties. However, we are about to begin construction on a large peasant village with alleyways and narrow roads and such. He is going to set up his jezzails along amazing firing arcs and the only way for me to get into close combat with any part of his army is to expose my knights to the punishment dished out by the amount of teams coming from the Jezzails.

Anyways, so my question is, How do you guys think I could deal with this with the lowest number of casualties?

Thanks in Advance,
    Master of Sanctity

Ask me something about Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hummm... just make a small peasant village, usually they don't have real hallways, it's more like houses placed randomly, talk about this with your friend and do not say that in reality you fear his jezzail, lying can be sometime a bad thing, but also a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Heh well if your going to let him use an unbalanced army from the back then I suggest you either bring the green knight or make an almost all peasant army. Flyers of course are your clincher. Oh and try some dark emissiary magic, theres some fun ones good against skaven.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Do you get a 5+ or 6+ ward save against jezzails?

How about running peasant cav as screens in front of your knights and let them take the beating?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the ward save is 5+ but you will still suffer alot, the peasant army would be great too, try some bowmans, 30'' shoot can be dangerous

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

A bret player at our store runs this ludicrously large unit of skirmishing peasant bowmen, 30 of the buggers. They are a tough nut to crack because you have to kill so many to make them take a panic test, and then they have to fail that test. And non-template warmachines don't kill many at a time. The only option is to dedicate a lot of effort in shooting or magic to eliminate them, when you'd rather focus that energy elsewhere. Meanwhile, he keeps rolling 20-30 dice, which is going to kill something.

Anyhow, I guess my point is that I think it can be done effectively, but then you give up those too cool knights.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a single squad of knights with a paladin to help him versus shoot with virtue of noble disdain would be enough i think, then for heroes use some paladins to go with the peasant or some ladies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's running lots of Jezzails, then he will have less big blocks of Clanrats for you to contend with, which in my opinion is an advantage to you.

I would make sure that the units of Knights are big enough to soak up some damage and run some Pegasus Knights and Mounted Yeomen as well. Against shooting, you just want to get into combat as soon as possible, so it may be worth thinking about not praying so that you can possibly get the first turn.
    W/L/D
    Dwarfs 20/12/4
    Skaven 8/6/3
    Lizardmen 5/4/2
    Chaos 6/4/0
    Empire 3/1/1
    Wood Elves 2/0/1
    Bretonnians 0/2/1
    Orcs & Goblins 0/1/0
    Next Army - Tomb Kings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    If he's running lots of Jezzails, then he will have less big blocks of Clanrats for you to contend with, which in my opinion is an advantage to you.

I would make sure that the units of Knights are big enough to soak up some damage and run some Pegasus Knights and Mounted Yeomen as well. Against shooting, you just want to get into combat as soon as possible, so it may be worth thinking about not praying so that you can possibly get the first turn.
    Oh gosh, lets not get carried away with not praying. If need be use the peasants as a shield and definitely beef up a unit with mobility and banner of defence

+ Reply to Thread