New Chaos 'Dex - 1500 Points, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

New Chaos 'Dex - 1500 Points, Friendly

Updated list! Made a new thread due to the major update. Check it out. (4ED Chaos, 1500 Mobile Assault Force) <-- Link.

Last edited by Aether-Moose; August 17th, 2007 at 01:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Hmm. From the intro, I was kinda expecting to see some Daemons.

I guess the Possessed are filling in for them?

If the foot slogging doesn't work out for you, though, have you considered getting those two CSM squads in Rhinos and driving 'em up the center to drop some generic daemons in there for all the cc support while waiting on the Oblits and Havoks to clean up the armor fielded?

I don't have the new dex yet, so I'm not sure of how great an idea this would be, but if the troops would need some sorcerer cover, maybe you could even plop him on a Slaaneshi steed. That might be fun.

Just another option to think about, I suppose.

Otherwise, it's a pretty simple list, but it looks like it could be effective.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Slaneshi steed is a good choice for thie sorceror.

Swap Doombolt for the slanesh only psi power (can't remember its name). It lets you move devastator squads behind hills or bring forward enemy squads to be assaulted by the possessed.

If you fancy close combat then warptime on a force weapon I6 character rocks, rerolling all hits and wounds then draining all the wounds with the force weapon should be a potent combination against characters. This seems the only chap who would have a chance against abaddon (and the emphasis is on "A" chance as you are dead in the simultanious attacks). Wait a minute, would you be able to cast warptime and drain wounds with the force weapon? Well it would still rock vs troops with 1 wound each where the force weapon isn't needed.

I might be tempted so swap one squad of possessed for a chosen unit to infiltrate forewards and link up with the steed HQ and a troops squad in a rhino.

Split the obliterators into 2 units so they are harder to shoot, can split fire, and you could deep strike them (or some of them) if you needed to.

Havocs would be safer taking 2 AC + 2 ML for use against heavy armour. They can always fire frag instead at swarms and vs MEQs Krak is statistically better than autocannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Hey guys, thanks for the quick comments. Dave:

Yea, At first I did have 2 units of 10 Lesser Daemons filling in for a unit of the possessed and some minor upgrades, but, I dunno, I just really liked the idea of the new Possessed and thought they would hold up better (What with 3+/5+ saves) and really tear things up with 4 attacks on the charge and a special ability (Rending/Power Weapons, anyone?). I'll test it out as soon as possible, and make changes as I see fit.

About the rhinos, I was considering that, and, again will test it. In truth, the main reason I didn't use any is because I'm already buying a lot when the new Chaos comes out, and didn't want to spend around $80 more on rhinos. The steed idea does sound sppealing though... I mess around with combinations.

Mad Cat: Yea, I'll consider the steed, and the Sorc already has Lash of Submission (Slaaneshi power), but I'm not a huge fan of warptime except maybe on a CC monster like a Nugle DP or something, not a 3 or so attack Sorcerer who is better off standing behind the CC squads and messing things up with the Lash and Doombolt. The Force Weapon is nice if he is close to an INdependant CHaracter or something, but I can't picture assaulting large squads with him.

About the Chosen, I never was a big fan. I think they're overpriced and not really a bang for your buck. Although they can infiltrate, I prefer a larger squad of regular marines to a small elite squad with power weapons or something, as they both die the same, but one costs more and has less men. If I go with the rhino idea, I might test this.

Yea, I will split the Oblits, thanks for the idea! About the Havocs though, I've learned never to mix weapons in a squad. It reduces effectiveness. I'll test, and see whether the Autocannons can still do their job, or I need to switch over to Missle Launchers.

Again, thanks for the comments! Keep it coming!
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aether-Moose View Post

About the Chosen, I never was a big fan. I think they're overpriced and not really a bang for your buck. Although they can infiltrate, I prefer a larger squad of regular marines to a small elite squad with power weapons or something, as they both die the same, but one costs more and has less men. If I go with the rhino idea, I might test this.
    I agree that units of chosen that are really tooled up with several champions, power weapons etc are not worth the points. But, you can design chosen squads to be 10 man, 1 champ with fist and say 2 meltas. These are just like giving the infiltrate skill to an old codex troops squad. Only 30 points more they make up for not having a rhino.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

It seems a nice solid list, the bulk units of chaos marines are going to be a scary force to fight against now.

DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

M-M-M-MAJOR UPDATE!

Updated the list, and made a LOT of changes. Check it out, and post what you think of it.

+ Reply to Thread