2k 4th Edition Cheesefest - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

2k 4th Edition Cheesefest

Sorc-Lash o' Submission, MoS, Wings, personal icon-150

Sorc-Lash o' Submission, MoS, Wings-145

X3 Terminators,X2 combiplas, X1 heavy flamer-105

X8 Rubric Marines, Champ w/ Bolt of Change-246
    X8 Rubric Marines, Champ w/ Bolt of Change-246
    X7 Rubric Marines, Champ w/ Bolt of Change-223

Oblits X3-225
    Oblits X3-225
    Oblits X3-225

After playing and testing the new codex...i think this is the most uber build i have managed to find. The entire army is built around the lash. It can be used fro multitudes of things. One of the main tactics would be to grab an enemy squad, move it out of cover and in LOS of the oblits, then bunch it up as tight as possible. Then the oblits proceed to plasma cannon it to death. The same tactic can be employed with the rubrics, pull an enemy squad out of cover, then pelt it with ap3 nonesense. If facing an assault army the lash can be used to systematically push back assaulters and bunch them up for the oblit templates. The termies are there to be cheap scoring units that can pack a punch and get behind the enemy in recon missions. What also makes the army incredibly powerful is that its entire fire base is mobile. Everything can shoot on the move so in objective missions the steady tide of advancing troops laying down sheets of ap3 or better fire is just horrendous. I dont advise anyone actually using this type of build in friendly builds or rtt's but in gladiator type tournies...i think this would be brutal.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sup, I just downl...bought the codex and I agree. Having a wall of Ap3 destruction killing everythhing, while the LoT keeps the enemies from getting to close.

I really don't know how TS can be so cheap, I know the Aspiring Sorc. is expensive, but give him Bolt of change and he totally makes up for it. Grey Knights must be crying themselves to sleep.

Though I could see a guantfest or sea of green being troublesome.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

This is an interesting list. For one thing, every model has an inv save, though, your overall model count is extremely low. Once deployed, your build has virtually no mobility (post d.s., that is), but there again, having 6 units of potential deep strikes does indeed compensate.

It looks like all your ends are covered, what, between 9 oblits and 3 BoC's, you should manage vehicles easily enough. The same goes for the swarm, with 3x units of MEQ killers, 9 oblits, & 9 termis.

The lashes create enormous versatility (my favored build uses the 'twins' as well). I've read of some players using the lash in conjunction with ordinance weapons, in order to bunch enemy units together, thus, reducing the chance of a bad scatter. At any rate, the oblits and termis are good versatility as well.

I also just noticed that every model can move and fire at its full range. Very nice.

Overall, I'd imagine this list doing fairly well. As I mentioned earlier, your greatest weakness lies in your lack of numbers. Certain opponents will be able to use this weakness against you.

You're going to have a pickle of a time against superior ranged armies, such as Tau and I.G.. While your h.q's, oblits, and termis are capable of either crossing the distance or deep striking, your Rub marines, on the other hand, will get gunned down at range.

A+ for unique build creation!
    Last edited by Rabbit; August 11th, 2007 at 06:36.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Such a little country where U can watch DuckTales everyday...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

PowerGamer

But i like that, what do U think about scrapping one TS squad and putting those other 2 into Rhinos ?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction. " - Nebiros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

If you wanted to. The army functions more like a gunline though. I would drop a terminator squad instead, that would cost exactly the same as 3 rhinos. They would be more or less moving walls of cover more than anything.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Jeez, thats cheese! Go back to Wisconsin!
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

That's a tough list for any army to beat.

The obliterators give you so much flexibility with their firepower. Nine lascannon shots will make a mess of most enemy armour and you have a lot of anti-infantry fire as well.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

My cheese from playing about (havent worked out points yet, but not much)

HQ
    2x Daemon Prince
    Wings
    Slaaneshi
    Lash of submission

Greater Daemon

Elites
    3x Dreads With 2x Plasma Cannons and 1x Lascannon
    All the gribbling upgrades (ie possession)

Troops
    6x 5 plague marines each with 2 meltas and power fist

Heavy Support
    3x Defilers w/ 2 CC weapons

pew pew have fun ^^

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Drop possession from the plasma dreads. You can't afford a 50% chance to miss on these pups. Possession is ok on the lascanon dread, as it's twin linked.

Troops: Five men to a squad isn't enough to justify giving them a power fist. You need a minimum of 7 in order to ensure the fist's protection and to really make use of it. Also, how do you plan on getting these guys within the 12" range for using the melta guns? Against a superior ranged army (Tau & I.G.) or against mechanized builds, your troops become very problematic. I'd suggest taking two large units with rhinos. This does a few things for you:

1- Enables your troops to catch up with fast moving vehicles
    2- Enables your troops to reach the enemy a couple of rounds earlier.
    2- Protects your advancing line of dreads, princes and defilers by blocking L.O.S..
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weee this is fun....

Wow,

The longer I look at this list, the more I like it! This is by quite a bit the best list I've seen yet for the new Codex. Certainly worth some Rep!

I'm definately going to have to try something very similar. We generally play at 1850, but that's alright since I only have 7 Obliterators anyway. I was running a fairly agressive Alpha Legion force in the last edition and a solid gunline force might be a nice change of pace. The model count is a bit low at 2000 points, but the added survivability of the Inv. saves makes up for some of that, as does the AP3 firestorm.

Anyone else think it's funny that the Terminators are effectivley the Fast Attack portion of the Army?
    Last edited by OracleBoyd; August 20th, 2007 at 07:07. Reason: spelling!
    - OracleBoyd

+ Reply to Thread