Nurgle Renegade List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Nurgle Renegade List

After toying with the idea of my own renegade legion and then thinking about going for an Iron Warrior list I've decided to convert my existing unpainted "generic" legion and turn them into a Renegade Nurgle Warband.

The list currently looks like this:

NOTE: I don't have the new Codex yet so the list is very rough and ready:

HQ
    Lord in Terminator armour - Daemon Weapon (Manreaper), Combi-bolter
    Great Unclean One

Elites
    10 Possessed + Rhino
    Dreadnought (Twin Lascannon, DCCW)
    5 Terminators (Icon of Nurgle) - Reaper Auto, Combi-weapon and power weapon/fist mix

ALTERNATIVE Elite:

6 Chosen (Icon of Nurgle) - mix of power weapons (Lords Bodyguard)

Troops
    10 CSM - H+H wepons, Flamer + Rhino (Icon of Nurgle + Aspiring Champions w/power fist)
    10 CSM - H+H weapons, Melta gun + Rhino (Icon of Nurgle + Aspiring Champions w/power fist)
    10 CSM - Ranged weapons - Lascannon & Plasma Gun (Icon of Nurgle + Aspiring Champion)
    x2 15 Man Plaguebearer Squads

Fast Attack
    10 Raptors (Icon of Nurgle - Aspiring Champion - Lightning Claws)

Heavy Support
    Defiler (close combat variety) - Icon of Nurgle?
    10 Man Havoc Squad x2 Missile L x2 Lascannons (Icon of Nurgle)
    3 Obliterators

ALTERNATIVE Heavy Support:

Predator w/Lascannon Turret & Heavy Bolter Sponsons - Icon of Nurgle?

What do people think?

Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

[First off, this'll have to be moved to the Army List section, but I have faith it will soon]

What is this? 3000-4000? This list is huge.

And I know you've done this without looking at the 'dex, but just a few things.

Your Lord is going to need the MoN to bring the Plaguebringer (no more Manreaper, that's Typhus' weapon only now).

Chosen are now the only infiltrators you'll have. I'd consider not ruining their big advantage by placing them with the Lord (at least, I'd assume that'd keep them from infiltrating, since he wouldn't have it).

I'd strongly suggest replacing those 10 man CSM squads with actual Plague Marines unless you plan on taking Heavy weapons. The PMs will still get two specials, so that's no big deal, and you can take slightly smaller squads of them and still have a much more resilient squad with FnP.

And there's no Icons for vehicles.

That's about it for now. You'll be able to clean this up a lot once you get the 'dex.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Hey, just a quickie - do make sure to post all army lists in the Army Lists subforum. Helps reduce the clutter, y'see. I'll move this thread for you though, so just keep it in mind when posting in the future. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Doh! Thanks for moving the post :yes:

Whoops I missed out that my Lord will have a Icon/Mark of Nurgle.

As for the size of the list - well barring the Havocs/Chosen and the Lord I actually have all these models (they just need converting into a Nurgle-esque form).

Plague Marines vs IoN Marines - Plague Marines don't get assault weapons, do they?

One of the main reasons I wanted IoN CSM was to cut back the cost on PMs. I get the impression that Cult Marines cost the earth points-wise.

I'm looking for a close combat army with heavy fire support. I am thinking about including one PlagueMarine Squad as "emissaries" from the Death Guard.

Feedback is appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I guess if you're looking for the heavy support out of your CSMs, the squad with the Icons would be the way to go. PMs get two specials no matter their squad size, but they won't have the heavy weapons options.

That Iconed 10 man squad will cost you about 30-40 more points than a similar squad of 7 or 8 PMs, though. And the PMs would have a couple advantages over them. like fearless and FnP. Just something to think about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I'm thinking about including a squad of PMs as "bodyguard" to my Lord.

The idea behind the army is that they "did a Typhus" and left the legion after Mortarion decided to get all sentemental over Barbarus.

They've been fighting over the universe every since BUT as the original members of the group died they've been recruiting new members and geneseeding them.

So the new members aren't Death Guard - they're renegades - hence the heavy IoN theme.

If only I could have Death Guard Chosen it would be perfect - then the surviving core would be the best warriors in the warband.

As it stands the Chosen have been relegated to "uber infiltrators" and have lost their best of the best feel.

After all, who uses their finest warriors as scouts? (ignoring you Alpha Warriors )

+ Reply to Thread