new codex: 1500 pts list slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new codex: 1500 pts list slaanesh

NEW CODEX ARMY LIST

it's not purely slaanesh but here it goes:
    (i'll explain new things firther down for those who havn't seen the new book)

HQ

Daemon prince/ mark of slaanesh/ wings/ lash of submission 155 pts
    Daemon prince/ mark of slaanesh/ wings/ lash of submission 155 pts
    Summoned Greater Daemon 100 pts

ELITES

6 chosen/ aspiring chapion/ 2 melta guns 128 pts
    6 chosen/ aspiring champion/ 2 melta guns/ plasma gun 143 pts

TROOPS

6 noise marines/ 6 sonic blasters 150 pts
    6 noise marines/ 6 sonic blasters 150 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

6 havocs/ 4 heavy bolters/ chaos glory 160 pts
    6 havocs/ 4 missile launchers/ chaos glory 180 pts
    6 havocs/ 4 missile launchers/ chaos glory 180 pts

Tha 2 daemon princes can charge first turn (yes you can! look at my thread on the chaos space marine section)

Summoned daemon to give my opponent a fright and they're cheap and nasty (in the good way)

2 units of chosen with champs to sacrifice for summoned daemon (they infiltrate up - i gave them melta guns incase of big things that challenge mine and kill a tank or 2 - one has a plasma gun as i had points left)

Noise marines have a cool background and i like the assault2/ heavy3 thing

Havocs do what they say - cause havoc!! i choose missile launchers for 2 units as they are versitile(sp?) but i may take autocannons to see which i prefer. Chaos glory lets you re-roll failed panic tests (i want them to stay there!)

So there you are, have a look and leave a comment. Be as harsh as you want

Xbox Live gamertag: baby pigeon , if you want to add me and have a game of gears or something, send me a friend request and put librarium online in the message.
    You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules. You are not your post count. You are not you rep. You are not your title

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Pigeon, you've got a ridiculous amount of fire power, which is usually a good thing. In your case, however, you've sacrificed nearly all of the units staying power.

H.Q.s: They look good. This is one of the few 1500 builds that can probably afford so many points invested in h.q. slots, without sacrificing firepower. That said, some of my comments below may change this.

Chosen: Your configurations are exactly how I envision chosen in the 4th edition, that is, small infiltrating squads with a few special weapons. I'd switch their weapons to plasma guns, because chosen are notoriously slow, which could become problematic, if they're trying to chase down a skimmer or a far away vehicle. Plasma guns, on the other hand, provide the extended range that will enable your chosen to begin killing enemy units from round one.

Troops: I'm not a big proponent of sonic blasters, mainly due to the point expense. Sonic blaster noise marines are just as easy to kill as basic marines, but at a substantially increased price. That's about all I have to say here. Some people like them, and have used these guys to great effect. Just not me.

Havocs: Here's your greatest weakness. At the 1500 point level, your opponents should easily manage these fragile heavy units, because you only have two wounds, before you start losing precious heavy weapons. I'd suggest either scrapping the greater daemon and adding a few more wounds to these squads, or scrapping one of the heavy units, and adding more wounds.

Now that I've given my concerns, I feel compelled to add a point against it: Taking so many offensively oriented units will undoubtedly result in a huge headache for your opponents when deciding which squads to take down first. Of course, with so few cheap wounds, your opponents will have little trouble taking down whatever squads they target. However, since you're fielding so much range firepower, you might still find your army is able to work quite well, even if you lose a couple of squads a round.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooo cheers for the advice, i may/ probably will/ take plasma guns. thanks for that
    Xbox Live gamertag: baby pigeon , if you want to add me and have a game of gears or something, send me a friend request and put librarium online in the message.
    You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules. You are not your post count. You are not you rep. You are not your title

+ Reply to Thread