The compleded Undivided/Nurgle Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

The compleded Undivided/Nurgle Army

Hey, my army is a force of black legion with a large death guard contingent , as i find that they are the best of the cult marines for vs. all comers (2nd is maybe khorne) so heres the list.

(i dont have my codex atm, so i just want to know what you think of the list before anything else, its for a big mega-game, vs. all imperialists (witchhunters/daemonhunters/imperial guard/Marines and the Soul Drinkers, who count as Chaos ^^) so maybe 3k, im not sure though.

Typhus

Sorceror
    Slaanesh
    Wings
    Lash of submission

Greater daemon

Elites
    *retinue of typhus*
    5 Termies
    2 Champs
    2 Pairs of Lightning Claws
    2 Power Fists
    R. autocannon
    Nurgle

8 Chosen
    Champ (cheap for daemon)
    4 Plasma Guns
    Chaos Glory

Troops
    10 Plague Marines
    2 Plasma Guns
    Champion
    Fist
    Rhino
    Extra Armour
    Havoc Launcher

10 Plague Marines
    2 Melta Guns
    Champion
    Fist

8 Khorne Berserkers
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Rhino
    Extra Armour
    Havoc Launcher

10 Undivided Marines
    2 Plasma Guns
    Champion
    Fist
    Chaos Glory

10 Undivided Marines
    Melta Gun
    Champion
    Power Fist
    Mark of Khorne

10 Undivided Marines
    Champion
    Power Weapon
    Slaanesh
    Rhino
    Extra Armour
    havoc Launcher

Fast Attack
    4 Bikes
    Champion
    Fist
    Nurgle

4 Bikes
    Champion
    Fist
    Nurgle

Heavy Support
    Vindicator
    Daemonic Possession

Defiler
    2ccw

3 Oblits

Thats it (finally). It will be the first main wave led by the sorceror, the bikes, and korne berserksers (in addition to the other rhino squads). While the rest of the footsloggers get there, and start laying into them. Ive found those bike units creat for character killing, and hilding up whole squads, so NOTHING will make me drop em. And after typhus single handedly took down 60 guardsmen (nto conscripts) and 3 comissars (nurgles rot) he stays to. Otherwise, what do u think? I quite like it to be honest, any opinions/Suggestions?

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I like, I like! lol

Just one thing though, why put your plasma plague marines in a rhino and make your melta plague marines walk? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Ah, and considering everything you patched in there (an incredible slew lol), your point total might be higher than you expect (those cult marines don't come cheap lol). So anyway, once you get the 'dex you'll figure that all out.

'Til then, incredible list with flexibility, meat shields and the good old vindicator/lash combo. Go for it!
    What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

thanks! i plan on it ^^, dont have my codex still (not at my house atm) but the melta marines do have the rhino, bit of a typo there =P.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Years ago I did my own Nurgle/Khorne combo and found that it worked REALLY well.

I have a question though, is the only reason for your Sorcerer having the MoS to get the Lash of Submission?

I think you need a good fluffy reason for a Slaanesh Sorcerer to be leading an army of Khorne and Nurgle Cultists.

Sorry just my two cents - I'm old school when it comes to the Ancient Enemies.

Rules-wise though it's allowed.
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... I find adding Slaanesh fluff-wise is one of the easiest things, since the base of the slaaneshi is to enjoy pleasure in all its forms...

Right... slaaneshi Sorcerer at the top of the list... well here goes...
    Slaaneshi Sorcerers are known to seek knowledge out of pure pleasure and seeing their spells take into effect brings them satisfaction beyond words. As other slaaneshi, they also appreciate pleasure brought from other sources. Looking at their nurglite brethren, they admire their resilience brought by the soars and poxes provided by their patron. The exquisite pain they feel constantly brings their constitution above that of normal Space Marines, making them prime examples of the delight of pain.

As for the Khorne Berzerkers, while both patrons may be opposed, the slaaneshi can still glean pleasure and excess from the Berzerkers' bloody fighting style. Their unbridle rage and ferocious swings fuels their lust for blood. Once they reach their foes, the throw themselves as whirling engines of destruction bend on gutting their foes in the name of the Blood God, to let their entrails flow and feed the Skull Throne. While they may not realize it in their berserker state, the Slaaneshi percieve this as a massive pleasure, spilling the life juices of the unworthy in the name of Chaos. Each stroke, each wound inflicted is a sensorial delight equivalent to every blow recieved, making combat a mix of highly stimulating pleasures.

Therefore, the Sorcerer acts as a focal point and harbinger of excess. He feels the pain of his Nurglite allies and quivers with excitement every time a khornate chainaxe rends hapless flesh. He sends these warriors to do the bidding of the Gods and feels every action they undertake, feeling extreme pleasure at seeing his plan unfold...

Not bad, eh? :nah:
    What do Khorne Berzerkers say to Necrons after chopping some of their bits off? "BLOOD FOR... Eh? Come on! You just take the fun out of it... Scream! Yell! Awww... not even a trace of guts..." *sniffles and kicks dirt*

"You can go far with a smile. You can go even further with a smile and a gun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well....fluffwise...I don't like it much.
    Maybe if the Slaanesh character had dominated and subjugated the berzerkers with spells and such...but a Slaanesh Sorcerer using berzerkers...Khorne berzerkers, because he like's them?...no...freaking...way...

Otherwise I see alot of unfluffy armies lately, dont take me wrong, I'm not a fluff-tyrant, neither an Adolf Fluffler or Joseph Flufflin...but it is really bad (in my opinion) that the "ancient enemies" rule are gone, and replaced with the "ancient lovers"

On the other hand, I'm not much better myself, having considered using berzerkers in my lists...although as Slaanesh Drug Fiends "counts as"

The list itself sounds quite cool, but as it is late at night, 3k is a little too much for me to skim trough. Making a quick atempt, I would probably say remove one of the biker squads, and add rhinos to all the footsloggers except maybe the chosen, remove the berzerkers aswell for fluff reasons ( No?, it was worth a try ^^) and add some raptors instead as a bodyguard for the awesome Sorcerer.

Keep posting, I want to see the evolution of this list ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

I think you'll either have to do one of three things to make the fluff for this fly.

1) You could design an undivided renegade legion of your own with a mix of the three powers.

2) Follow the idea that Scion of Chemos came up with and have Khorne Berserkers become Slaanesh Marines on Combat Drugs. Not sure how you could Slaanesh-up Plague Marines though. This is going to require conversions and a nice unifying colour scheme.

3) My favourite idea. Slaves. This is going to require a lot of modelling but will be worth it. Have Enslaved 'zerkers and Plaguemarines. Have them wearing chains and make them look battered and injured. Make the Aspiring Champ in the unit a Slavemaster. Give your general a couple of marines on chains. Model sashes and loin clothes etc and paint them up with the symbol of Slaanesh.

A lot of hard work for the last option but at the end you get an army of slaanesh with other cults being its bitch
    Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i feel sad because everyone is grabbing nurgle and humping them into submission. the few of us that are actually nurgle (as in played them continually in 3rd) are lost as to the number of people who are jumping on the wagon cause the new nurgle rules are neat.

the only thing i ask is represent them well. you already mixed them with khorne which is a no-no. so just please drop them to squads of 7. keep their number.

lol. this is a bs comment. im just going to miss the old fluffy nurgle armies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by hellbunny View Post
    the only thing i ask is represent them well. you already mixed them with khorne which is a no-no. so just please drop them to squads of 7. keep their number.

lol. this is a bs comment. im just going to miss the old fluffy nurgle armies
    I always thought that Khorne was the one other god that Nurgle did kind of get along with. One wants things decaying and rotting, one wants things dead; the decay leads to death for most and just heaps more skulls on the ol' skull throne, so really no argument there.

They're not pals, per se, but I could see them tolerating one another.

And there's no reason for fluff to be tossed out. Very fluffy armies are still possible with some imagination, and creative list building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Sorry ive been away people.

To clarify fluff reasons Typhus is the army general (i.e. no tzeentch)

I have also played my death guard since 3rd ed.

And no way am i removing those bikes they rock.

I dont have much time atm, be back later
    omgitsduane:

Quote:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread