1250 Red Corsairs, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1250 Red Corsairs, friendly

So I got my hands on the new codex a few days ago, and have been looking over some way to make a red corsair army. (Well I already have one, but those ones are allies to a radical ordo malleus inquisitor.)

HQ:
    Huron Blackheart
    I could probably get away with not having him, but I want to give the Tyrant of Badab a try.

Elites:
    5x Chaos terminators
    Icon of khorne; 2x lightning claws; reaper autocannon; 2x combi-plasma
    Again, I could probably get away without them but I want them a try.

Dreadnought
    Plasma cannon; extra armour
    Fire frenzy should be pretty fun with that plasma cannon.

Troops:
    10x Chaos marines
    2x Plasmagun
    Aspiring champion; power weapon
    Rhino; extra armour
    These guys should be able to do a decent job in copying the grey hunter drive by tactic. The only major difference is lack of counter attack and having to trade a powerfist/power weapon for a plasma gun.

7x Khorne Berzerkers
    Skull champion; powerfist
    Rhino; extra armour
    Elite close combat fun to run alongside the normal corsairs.

I realize extra armour is three times its original cost, but to me that just means that when I put it on a chaos rhino I'm getting it for free. (Since the new rhino and EA costs as much as an old rhino without it.)

Heavy Support:
    Havoc squad
    8x Havocs
    4x autocannons
    They don't have tank hunter, but they should perform pretty well.

Total: 1249
    *Huron will be joining the berzerkers, unless I missed something in the new khorne rules that would not allow him to join the squad.

C&C welcome

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Looks pretty good to me. Can't really find anything that seems out of the ordinary or bad.

Personally I don't like havocs, Too imoble IMO, but thats just my opinion.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

You might consider giving all of your termis combi-plasmas, save for the reaper. They are ridiculously cheap. In fact, it's not even a bad idea to forgo the reaper in place of another combi-plasma.

You're just a tincy bit shy on tank-busters. This can easily be solved by switching the plasma guns in your troop squad to melta guns. This would also free up points to upgrade the remaining termis to combi-plasmas.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    You might consider giving all of your termis combi-plasmas, save for the reaper. They are ridiculously cheap. In fact, it's not even a bad idea to forgo the reaper in place of another combi-plasma.

You're just a tincy bit shy on tank-busters. This can easily be solved by switching the plasma guns in your troop squad to melta guns. This would also free up points to upgrade the remaining termis to combi-plasmas.
    I like the idea of switching the plasma's to melta's but I'm not so keen on giving all the termies combi-plasma's. (I want one or two to largely benefit from the icon of khorne, though if I switched them all out to one reaper and four combi then I would probably swap the icon for slaanhesh or tzeentch while I'm at it.)

If I can find the points, I'd love nothing more than to make the lightning claw termies champions for another attack...:C (Hm.. it seems the shades smiley is gone once again, I guess this one will be good.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

It looks pretty solid, but like said before, the Autocannons... I feel their lacking a bit. S7, albeit 2 shots, won't pop a raider for instance. It would mean you need to charge the raider, and if that's the way to go...

Also, talking havocs... no Icon, hmhm. An 8 man squad pretty much keeps the squad not from running in the long term. But I would prefer more staying power. Icon of Glory or even something like Nurgle (but it's rather expensive).

As for the terminators, thanks for the heads up everybody.. .didn't even notice they were dirtcheap until now Anyway, I think it wouldn't be to much out of place to change those weapons to combi's.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    I like the idea of switching the plasma's to melta's but I'm not so keen on giving all the termies combi-plasma's. (I want one or two to largely benefit from the icon of khorne, though if I switched them all out to one reaper and four combi then I would probably swap the icon for slaanhesh or tzeentch while I'm at it.)

If I can find the points, I'd love nothing more than to make the lightning claw termies champions for another attack...:C (Hm.. it seems the shades smiley is gone once again, I guess this one will be good.)
    What do you mean about the combi-plasmas? The combi-plasmas don't reduce their attacks.

As a general rule, termis don't need aspiring champions, especially with the IoK. They already produce a high number of attacks. Plus, at 10 points a model, champions get rather expensive. There's always some other way that's a better use of the points.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Oh no Rabbit, they don't reduce the attacks or anything, but if I use a pair of lightning claws then I do get another attack on that guy.

At ten points a model, those champions really just become as expensive as their loyalist counterparts with even more attacks. (Hell, if I made the lightning claw ones champions I'm getting twelve attacks on the charge or ten in every other round of combat. There is no kill like overkill...:C)

Chaoschrist and Rabbit, is there anything you two would suggest to replace the havocs or is their an alternate setup either of you could suggest? (Keeping in mind that they took up 200pts, so I'd need an alternate setup or idea that stays in or under that amount.)

+ Reply to Thread