4th Edition Word Bearer mechanized 1.5k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

4th Edition Word Bearer mechanized 1.5k

Okay this is my first attempt at a chaos list after having the codex for more than a day.
    Please critic and comment. I'm new to vehicle-heavy lists.
    1500 point list

HQ:
    Sorcerer-
    Mark of Slannesh
    Lash of Submission
    Flight

145 points

Troops:

Rhino Squad 1
    Chaos Space Marines x 10
    Aspring Champion with Fist
    Mark of Khorne
    2 plasma guns
    Rhino

285 points

Rhino Squad 2
    Chaos Space Marines x 10
    Aspiring Champion with Fist
    Mark of Khorne
    2 plasma guns
    Rhino

285 points

Elite:

Terminator Squad
    Terminators x 8
    Mark of Khorne
    1 powerfist
    1 chainfist
    8 combi-plasmas

335 points

Heavy Support:

Predator Tank 1

twin-linked lascannon
    lascannon sponsons

165 points

Predator Tank 2

twin-linked lascannon
    lascannon sponsons

165 points

DAKKA predator

heavy bolter sponsons
    havoc launcher

=1500!

Edits: Edits with rabbit's help

NOOoo......must find some way to field dakka predator....dropping oblits. never liked the models anyways.

Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind View Post
    Also one question, Independent characters can't be picked out by shooting if they are withing a certain distance to an infantry squad right? Or can you always pick them out unless they joined a squad.
    The rules book just says that they cannot be fired out unless they are the closest target.....though I don't think its that simple. Just don't want my sorcerer getting shot out of the sky because I didn't attach him to a squad.
    I believe that an enemy unit can fire at an i.c.., if the unit is within 6" of the i.c. This is regardless of whether or not the i.c. is the closest model.

On to your army. You're lacking in tank busting power, but this can easily be remedied. We'll get to this later.

h.q.- good

trooops- two things: Always max out your special weapon options in your basic chaos marines squads. I'd put this at a higher priority than extra armor or the havoc launcher, both of which are rather expensive on a rhino. The havoc launcher, in particular, isn't good synergy, as you want to have the option of moving your rhino the full 12", then blowing smoke. You can't do this and fire the havoc launcher. I'd suggest switching the havoc launcher to your predators. This makes them incredibly good at killing light to medium armored infantry.

Second, you should consider dropping extra armor altogether. It's an expensive upgrade, and this points could be used to purchase the second plasma gun in your troop options. With points left over, you should reinvest in your termis and give them combi-plasmas. For 5 points a pop, it's almost an automatic upgrade.

Termis: Drop down to 8, then give all of them combi-plasmas. This is a good configuration for well-nigh any opponent. It's an incredible amount of fire power that can fire a full 24" after d.s. or rapid fire if needed.

Predators: I know that my earlier suggestion was to give the havoc launchers to your predators, but that's assuming your keep the predators configured for killing infantry. In all, you'd be far better off giving them las-sponsons for tank hunting. You can find the points by reducing your termis from my earlier suggestion of '8' and now down to '7'. Don't worry, 7 termis is still a force to be reckoned with at 1500 points. Honestly, you can't really afford 9 termis at this point level, without weakening the remainder of your build.

oblits: good.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I believe that an enemy unit can fire at an i.c.., if the unit is within 6" of the i.c. This is regardless of whether or not the i.c. is the closest model.

On to your army. You're lacking in tank busting power, but this can easily be remedied. We'll get to this later.

h.q.- good

trooops- two things: Always max out your special weapon options in your basic chaos marines squads. I'd put this at a higher priority than extra armor or the havoc launcher, both of which are rather expensive on a rhino. The havoc launcher, in particular, isn't good synergy, as you want to have the option of moving your rhino the full 12", then blowing smoke. You can't do this and fire the havoc launcher. I'd suggest switching the havoc launcher to your predators. This makes them incredibly good at killing light to medium armored infantry.

Second, you should consider dropping extra armor altogether. It's an expensive upgrade, and this points could be used to purchase the second plasma gun in your troop options. With points left over, you should reinvest in your termis and give them combi-plasmas. For 5 points a pop, it's almost an automatic upgrade.

Termis: Drop down to 8, then give all of them combi-plasmas. This is a good configuration for well-nigh any opponent. It's an incredible amount of fire power that can fire a full 24" after d.s. or rapid fire if needed.

Predators: I know that my earlier suggestion was to give the havoc launchers to your predators, but that's assuming your keep the predators configured for killing infantry. In all, you'd be far better off giving them las-sponsons for tank hunting. You can find the points by reducing your termis from my earlier suggestion of '8' and now down to '7'. Don't worry, 7 termis is still a force to be reckoned with at 1500 points. Honestly, you can't really afford 9 termis at this point level, without weakening the remainder of your build.

oblits: good.
    derr....I forgot I actually have a point to not shoot weapons on a rhino with smoke. will change that asap.

I'm going to end up keeping the predators. Because literally the only reason I wanted to do a mechanized list was to get a dakka predator. Playing Dawn of War too much made me love them a bit. Though I will magnetize their weapons just in case my natural table-top ability can't handle the tanks. eheh.

Dropping number of termis is fine enough for me. Forgot to factor in combi-plasma and how cheap it is now...will have to convert though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind View Post

I'm going to end up keeping the predators. Because literally the only reason I wanted to do a mechanized list was to get a dakka predator. Playing Dawn of War too much made me love them a bit. Though I will magnetize their weapons just in case my natural table-top ability can't handle the tanks. eheh.
    I know what you mean. I get bored always having my predators tooled with las-sponsons, in which case, they just sit in the back and fire. No doubt, the dakka predator mobility adds a lot of fun to the game. Also, with havoc launcher now being a playable upgrade, the dakka is not a bad choice. Actually, even without the havoc launcher, the new heavy bolter pred works well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

I know what you mean. I get bored always having my predators tooled with las-sponsons, in which case, they just sit in the back and fire. No doubt, the dakka predator mobility adds a lot of fun to the game. Also, with havoc launcher now being a playable upgrade, the dakka is not a bad choice. Actually, even without the havoc launcher, the new heavy bolter pred works well.
    lol when competitive lisbuilding clashes with personal favorite unit mass headaches and number crunching ensues. Though I got the list down to where I'm happy with it.

Working on my 2k list now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

To be honest I would drop the TL lascannon upgrade on the first two preds. It is an easy way to save points and an AC is nearly as effective against lighter armor. I also have to say that I am not a fan of plasmas on squads with IoK. You are going to want to be getting into combat as quick as possible to take advantage of the extra attacks so meltas would make more sense imo.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    To be honest I would drop the TL lascannon upgrade on the first two preds. It is an easy way to save points and an AC is nearly as effective against lighter armor. I also have to say that I am not a fan of plasmas on squads with IoK. You are going to want to be getting into combat as quick as possible to take advantage of the extra attacks so meltas would make more sense imo.
    Yeppers, the increased cost of the las turret makes it a very costly upgrade. Point for point, the autocannon is inordinately better.

As far as plasma guns in squad with IoK go, it's somewhat of a mixed bag. Statistically, you should get within rapid fire range, which grants the same number of overall shots as the melta gun, once you consider the charge. However, it doesn't always workout this way. Sometimes, you're faced with an immediate charge opportunity and thus, the plasmas become useless. At other times, it works out to where you're able to rapid fire, in which case, IMHO, the plasmas are better. It depends on your playing environment. If you have lots of aggressive c.c. opponents, then melta guns are superior; if you have more ranged armies that don't charge, then plasma guns are the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Yeppers, the increased cost of the las turret makes it a very costly upgrade. Point for point, the autocannon is inordinately better.

As far as plasma guns in squad with IoK go, it's somewhat of a mixed bag. Statistically, you should get within rapid fire range, which grants the same number of overall shots as the melta gun, once you consider the charge. However, it doesn't always workout this way. Sometimes, you're faced with an immediate charge opportunity and thus, the plasmas become useless. At other times, it works out to where you're able to rapid fire, in which case, IMHO, the plasmas are better. It depends on your playing environment. If you have lots of aggressive c.c. opponents, then melta guns are superior; if you have more ranged armies that don't charge, then plasma guns are the way to go.
    meh it worked out. I did some number crunching, turned one of those marks to slannesh and gave them plasma weapons and a greater daemon to pop out of them when things get dicey.

The meltaguns went to the mark of khorne squad for some good assaulty action.

To cut back for the daemon I have autocannons on my predators again. Though my 2k list has them with tri-las.

+ Reply to Thread