[1000] Slaanesh Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

[1000] Slaanesh Tournament List

HQ
    --
    Chaos Sorcerer
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission
    - Wings
    Total: 145 points

Chaos Sorcerer
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission
    - Wings

Troops
    ------
    6 Noise Marines
    - Noise Champion w/Doom Siren
    - Rhino
    Total: 185 points

6 Noise Marines
    - Noise Champion w/Doom Siren
    - Rhino
    Total: 185 points

Heavy Support
    -------------
    6 Chaos Havocs
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - 3x Missile Launcher
    Total: 170 points

6 Chaos Havocs
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - 3x Missile Launcher
    Total: 170 points

Overall: 1000 points

Horrifying, isn't it? It occurred to me that the main weakness of the Lash Twins is that Lash of Submission doesn't work against Mech armies, so I took two Havoc squads with Missile Launchers. Obviously, the Icon is kind of useless, but it keeps the theme. Tempted to replace with Power Fists on Noise Champions, but don't have enough points to equip both.

C&C welcome.

Last edited by NiteRabbit; August 29th, 2007 at 10:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

to be honest Rabbit I know that the sacred number is 6 and that it is nice and fluffy but if you wanted to make the list more competative I would drop the icons on the havocs and add a few more marines to the rhino squads. Also at 1k points I don't think having two HQs is a good idea as atm they are taking up almost 30% of your force.

You really should add more armor to the list to draw fire away from the rhinos otherwise they will be taken out turn 1 and your marines will be left to footslog. I would drop one of the HQs and one of the havoc squads to get at least one other piece of armor that is going to be higher priority than the rhinos in there.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    to be honest Rabbit...
    Real quick, your havocs are each 10 points under. They should be 180 points.
    Heh, you said this, and for some reason, I thought you were talking about me

Niterabbit, I've been serious wondering over the past few days, if these elite infantry lists will works. Slaanesh is the prime options, as with the lash sonic weaponry, you can semi-effectively compensate for lost numbers. I like the theme, but there are some inherent problems, as Ironangel points out. However, I'm going to take a different route for revising the list.

Rather than increasing your armor pieces, it might be better simply to drop them altogether, along with the aspiring champions. With the 130 points saved, you could then add sonic blasters to your troops. With 2 lash sorcerers and 24" assault sonic blasters, I think you could successfully mount sonic blaster wounds from round 1. Also with 2 lash sorcerers at the 1000 point level, you should have no problems at all dealing with aggressive c.c. armies.

Also, if you're unconcerned with fluff, you could really outfit this build...something crazy like:

HQ
    --
    Chaos Sorcerer
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission
    - Wings

Chaos Sorcerer
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Lash of Submission
    - Wings

Troops
    ------
    8 Noise Marines w/ sonic blasters
    Total: 200 points

8 Noise Marines w/ sonic blasters
    Total: 200 points

Heavy Support
    -------------
    6 Chaos Havocs
    - 3x Missile Launcher
    Total: 150 points

6 Chaos Havocs
    - 3x Missile Launcher
    Total: 150 points

TOTAL POINTS: 990
    TOTAL MODELS: 30
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could drop the icons in the havoc squads, drop flight from the HQ and run them with the mounted sonic blaster squads, which you can beef up using the change. It also reshuffles your points a bit so your not so top heavy. I think iron angel has a point about the armor. Picking up even a dakka pred would be nice. And although the havocs are perhaps more survivable they only put out 3 str 8 shots a turn and are entirely immobile. A las/ac pred on the other hand is cheaper and retains a bit of mobility should you need it against skimmers or something. I like rabbit’s suggestion about footslogging, especially with sonic blasters, but I think if you keep the doomsiren champs they would appreciate a lift. besides the move and shoot ability works well with mobile cover/ tankshock. I’m not sure how it would work out but it seems to me having flying hqs with footslogging troops puts the hqs in danger of being gunned down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

You know, Rabbit, I really like that list. I accept all of the suggestions given to me, as you all know, but I particularly like that idea. Ideally, I think I could use the Lashes to draw a single unit into a kill zone and nuke it with Sonic Weapons. I still get to keep the Missile Launchers too, which is good against armour. I think I'll take this list to Winter War in December, if I can remember to build it and paint it at all. No, I don't think I care much about the fluff for a tournament. It's a tournament after all. The UK doesn't have comp scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

*bows before Rabbit*

The idea you had is actually quite interesting and I may have to proxy out a similar list or try it out on Vassal to see how it works.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    *bows before Rabbit*

The idea you had is actually quite interesting and I may have to proxy out a similar list or try it out on Vassal to see how it works.
    Thanks, but it was NiteRabbit (i.e., the darker rabbit ) that got me started. After all, my revisions were simply building on his current list, which preserves this great notion of using multiple lash sorcerers in cheap builds to bring the enemy with sonic blaster range. I've been thinking a lot about this list as well. I may try it out in our local group, if that's ok with Mr. NiteRabbit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Absolutely. I was hoping I could exploit the all-hail-infantry metagame that appears in tournaments around my area, with the Missile Launchers as backup in case I encounter anyone who was thinking the same thing. I'd love to see how that works out, whether the Sonic Blasters get the job done, etc. Let me know how you do.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Sure thing. I'll let you know, but I will probably be a couple of months, since I'm currently play testing a few other builds.

You should post your results as well. :happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

As for me, I probably won't be playing with this list for a few months either as I'm currently not in a position to play Warhammer much and I need to bring my Thousand Sons list in line with 4th Edition. What I wouldn't give for some spare combi-meltas right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast