Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well like it or not the new list is here, which means for me time to make some stupid icons for my fully painted nightlords force and gunk it all up with new models dedicated to gods and such.... anyway enough of the rant... here's my first take at a 1500pt list....
1x Sorcer, MoS, Lash of Sub, wings :145
3x 10 CSM, asp champ, pfist, melta bombs, plasma gunx2, Icon of T :265 each
1x 8 raptors,asp champ,l claws, melta gunsx2, Icon of T : 260
1x 10 possessed, asp champ, Icon of K :300
finer points of the list :
48 models with 3+/5+ save
mix of static and moblile elements
elements of suprise and control (possessed/sub lord)
lacks alot of anti tank
relies on bolters to do most of the dirty work
I'm gonna play test this list, I'm really interested to see if the possessed pan out, the way I see it is they have a 40% chance of being a big h2h threat and a 60% chance of being a tarpit unit. I just couldn't resist the chance to field a unit capabile of 41 S5 powerwpn attacks...
The main problem with your build is your lack of delivery method for all of your infantry. Against ranged armies, they'll simply get mowed down. Against mech Eldar, they won't be able to catch them. Give everything rhinos in place of the IoT. I know it's a big change, but the 5+ inv won't protect your troops as well as a rhino- nowhere near in fact.
You're also severely lacking in tank busting weapons.
Spambot kill tally. . .337
i agree with the other guy you should use rhinos for your guys. they can only move 6 and then only get 12 range. the enemy could have shot half your squad with heavy weps and such by then. rhinos will let you get in close faster. take away meltabombs from the csm squad leaders they got power fists which is much better then 1 attack that hits on 6+.
in my opinion i would have raps with MoK or the MoN as with khorne they will get 4 attacks each on the charge or with nurgle the enemy will have a hard time killing them.
the possessed seem good so you better hope you get a good roll with them although in my personal opinion i like teleporting termy squads with combi plasmas and they can pop up near the raptor icon or your HQ and get the turn 2/3 rapid shooting plasmas then can charge in and rip apart whatever they come across.
I have to agree with most of what was said above. Your range is relatively short on most of your squads and they need some way of getting to where they are needed. If you are not big on rhinos you could always just take two squads in rhinos as your troop choices and make the other squad a squad of chosen for the infiltration.
IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!
I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.
I appreciate the feedback... It pointed out some things that i hadn't considered as well as some things that I had taken into account.
I really dont' understand the reason for everyone playing rhinos with this new dex.
As I see it, the rhino affords 1 virutually safe turn (move 12 pop smoke) of travel before it becomes a rolling coffin. By adding 3 rhinos to the list it in effect gains me 6" of additional movement on turn1 against static shooty armies. Being entangled is horrible, if you move 12and happen to get blown up, there is a good chance of loosing several men from 1 heavy weapon. vs taking 1 5+ save and possibly loosing 1 guy. What's even worse about rhinos is getting entangled.
I really dont' understand rabbit's comment about a rhino being much better than a 5+ invuln save.
As far as a rhino being superior to a 5+ inv save, I was really just talking about point expenditure. Forty points for the IoT does not protect your marines from basic incoming ranged fire, nor is it a phenomenal save against high strength, low ap weapons. While it does give you the chance of saving against missile launchers and plasma guns, more than likely the save won't work. Now, compare this to the rhino, which is not only a movement modifier, but also functions in protecting your troops from incoming fire. In other words, while your marines are in rhinos, they're entirely protected. This, coupled with smoke, makes it a fairly good mobile defense platform.
That's all that I meant .
Spambot kill tally. . .337