[1000] Slaanesh EC (competitive?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

[1000] Slaanesh EC (competitive?)

Hi
    I like Slaanesh, but now we have hard times I done my best 0:

HQ:

DP - MoS, Lash of Submission, Wings (155)

Elite:

3x Terminator EDIT: 3 w/ Combi Plasma, Icon of Slaanesh (120)

Troops:

6x Noise Marine, 3 w/ Sonic Blaster, Icon (140)

6x Noise Marine, AC w/ PF & Doom Siren, Icon (180)
    Rhino w/ Dozer Blade (40)

Heavy:

3x Obliterator (225)

TOTAL: 1000 pts

Is this 1k list competitive? Thank you and have a nice day

Last edited by Ota; September 3rd, 2007 at 10:34.
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I don't own the new codex yet, nor do I know much about Slaneesh. But since no one else has replied yet, I thought I would point out that your model count looks a little low. The terminators only have 3 models and only one special weapon. They don't seem to have as much of a place maybe? Consider dropping them for more manpower in your three infantry units - this wll make casualties more bearable and prevent fearless rules outnumbering losses. Just a thought though.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I forgot typed 3 to the front of combi plasma. So terminators have 3x combi plasma
    You are right and thanks. But I filed termies for CC fighting and MEQs killing (plasma + PW). I would like to use them teleporting in the right place near icon and use combi plasma and next PWs 8X

Noise marines are really overpriced but I like them. Have anybody good conception how to field palyeable Slaanesh list?
    Ota

English?

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Hi, will anyone else help me with EC and this list? Thanks :happy:
    Ota
    Ota

English?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

hello Ota!

Overall I can see the general direction of your list but I can see that you made a few mistakes that a lot of people make.

DP - MoS, Lash of Submission, Wings (155)
    See below

3x Terminator EDIT: 3 w/ Combi Plasma, Icon of Slaanesh (120)
    ok...

6x Noise Marine, AC w/ PF & Doom Siren, Icon (180)
    Rhino w/ Dozer Blade (40)
    Recently the idea has been thrown around that foot slogging EC lists can be a reality in the 1-1.5k range due to the assualt aspect of the sonic blaster. My advice is to drop the rhino from the last squad and max out the sonic blasters in the squads. Also change the PF to a PW, there are so few ablative wounds here that you want to get in as many hits as possible before the enemy hits back.

3x Obliterator (225)
    great as long as they are in separate squads...

Now if you do drop the rhino I would suggest changing the DP out for a lord with daemon weapon and movement modifier. This will allow him to take advantage of IC status and with blissgiver he is ideal for sniping enemy HQs and MCs.

Lord w/ MoS + Daemon weapon + Steed
    165 pts

6-11 attacks on the charge that insta kill and hit before most other HQs...
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Hello! I'm sending greetings to Germany
    :drinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    My advice is to drop the rhino from the last squad and max out the sonic blasters in the squads. Also change the PF to a PW, there are so few ablative wounds here that you want to get in as many hits as possible before the enemy hits back.
    I want to use rhino for faster move and offer target for enemy guns that can hurt Oblits and DP.
    And why PF? You are absolutely right. But PF is more versatile. You can still take off rank soldiers + do some damage to vehicles. I will try both combinations (PF/PW).

great as long as they are in separate squads...
    Confirm.

Now if you do drop the rhino I would suggest changing the DP out for a lord with daemon weapon and movement modifier. This will allow him to take advantage of IC status and with blissgiver he is ideal for sniping enemy HQs and MCs.

Lord w/ MoS + Daemon weapon + Steed
    165 pts

6-11 attacks on the charge that insta kill and hit before most other HQs...
    DP with Wings & LoS is nearly as quick as Lord riding D.Steed. LoS can be also use for moving other units anywhere you want (to my line of sign ... I know that you know it too). And again DP can also hurt tanks etc.

Thank you for your improvements. They are powerful, but I am afraid little less strong versus tanks and other hard stuff. I will try both in the future and we will see.
    Have a nice day

Ota

PS: Everybody please keep writing ideas about EC lists. We all together have to find cost-effective Slaanesh list with some sonic weapons ;Y
    Last edited by Ota; September 4th, 2007 at 22:24.
    Ota

English?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

I want to use rhino for faster move and offer target for enemy guns that can hurt Oblits and DP.
    The problem is that since it is the only piece of armor it will not take more than one or two AT shots before becoming useless. In lists like this it is very important to take either a lot of armor or no armor at all. Oblits are not MCs so cannot be picked out of the bunch without taking LD tests and as long as you are careful and use cover your DP should be ok.

And why PF? You are absolutely right. But PF is more versatile. You can still take off rank soldiers + do some damage to vehicles. I will try both combinations (PF/PW).
    The problem with the PF on a squad of this size as that you run the risk of your men being killed off before your champion gets his hits in. If you run the PW you sacrifice some strength but ensure that your champion will get some kills.

DP with Wings & LoS is nearly as quick as Lord riding D.Steed. LoS can be also use for moving other units anywhere you want (to my line of sign ... I know that you know it too). And again DP can also hurt tanks etc.
    Generally I agree however to be honest I am sick of the lash prince and I anticipate a lot of people taking psychic insurance to counter lash (runes of warding, shadow in the warp, psychic hoods). The lord I suggested is a close combat monster capable of taking down an enemy character in a single blow or murdering a squad of MEQs in roughly 1-2 turns.

You may lose the possibility of tank busting with the lord but at 1k points 3 oblits should be plenty of tank busting.

Thank you for your improvements. They are powerful, but I am afraid little less strong versus tanks and other hard stuff. I will try both in the future and we will see.
    To be honest, as the list stands it will not do well in a competitive atmosphere. It is too easy to gun down the real threats in the first few turns at range and then pick the rest apart.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

To be honest, as the list stands it will not do well in a competitive atmosphere. It is too easy to gun down the real threats in the first few turns at range and then pick the rest apart.
    Do you think I have to rebuild whole list or do only your changes? I know with Noise Marines is hard to make strong list, but I would like to find some way with you and other players ;Y
    Ota

English?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

You don't need to rebuild the whole list. IronAngel had some excellent advice. He also made some very fine predictions about the lash popularity that has me rethinking it's use. Of course, I'll still use the lash for now.

Here's a good general build that runs along your theme. BTW, this entire build takes advantage of assault weaponry or the equivalent. It's a walking legion.

Lord w/ MoS + Daemon weapon + Steed- 165

The real benefit with this pup is that you don't have to immediately charge your opponent, unlike with the prince (i.e., he's a massive target with m.c. status). The lord can reinforce your flank or, if needed, advance upon the enemy ranks.

Noise marine squad #1- 182
    7x noise marines w/ sonic blasters

Noise marine squad #1- 182
    7x noise marines w/ sonic blasters

Noise marine squad #1- 222
    7x noise marines w/ sonic & blastmaster

These 3 units effectively trade in their option for rhinos and reinvest the points into sonic blasters. Also, against MEQ's they kill very near the same number as Tzeentch marines, only without the additional staying power. Against the swarm, as you undoubtedly know, they are far better than Tzeentch marines .

Obliterator #1- 75

Obliterator #2- 75

Obliterator #3- 75

TOTAL POINTS: 936

This build can easily compensate against heavier armored opponents by adding a couple of noise marines for a blastmaster. Generally, the blastmaster is overpriced. Hoewever, it's still an option worth considering for builds like these. Conversely, you can also drop models in order to add an a.c. with a power weapon and doom siren if needs be.

The lash sorcerer is tempting with this build, but then it will lack c.c. tricks, save for the oblits. Hence, Ironangel's Slaaneshi lord.

Alternatively, you could do something crazy like this:

Lord w/ MoS + Daemon weapon + Steed- 165

Noise marine squad #1- 156
    6x noise marines w/ sonic blasters

7x noise marines w/ sonic blasters & blastmaster

7x noise marines w/ sonic blasters & blastmaster

7x noise marines w/ sonic & blastmaster

TOTAL POINTS: 987
    Last edited by Rabbit; September 4th, 2007 at 23:26.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the way you took this list Rabbit and Ironangel. I think in slightly higher point games the blastmaster footsloggers would make an excellent mobile gunline to support more mechanized or deep stuck elements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast